cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very bad performance with interaction and exchange contract

otilmant1
Super Contributor

Hi,

We are facing  performance issues with HOPEX V3.

When creating an interaction on a diagram, the first input window appears after about 2 minutes.

Our repository contains 60000 interactions and 2300 exchange contracts.

We are not facing this behaviour in the same environment but in a blanck repository (in this case, the window appears after 1 second).

We have opened a case but no solution because this behaviour is not reproducible in a standard environment.

The database instance is configured for good performances according to the installation guide.

However, the RDBMS diagnostic tool indicates poor performance.

The technical infrastructure has been verified and nothing seems abnormal apart from many disk accesses.

Has someone ever encountered this behaviour ?

thanks in advance.

3 Replies

Hello,

The problem has been solved with the HF01 on CP4.

Regards

dingalls
Retired

Hello,

In addition to the very good recommendations above i would also recommend you consult our Online V3 Doc available here:

https://community.mega.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/hopex-documentation

and consult the "Optimizing Repository Access Performance":

https://doc.mega.com/hopex-v3-en/#page/SUP%2FGerer_les_bases.Optimizing_Repository_Access_Performanc... 

Im not sure if you are already utilizing our RDBMS cache (Options > Installation > Advanced  > RDBMS Cache) but if not you should read about that as well and consider the pros and cons of potentially implementing it. 

AHassan
MEGA Partner
MEGA Partner

Hi,

With my experience with HOPEX, V2R1 and V3 are very good when it comes to end user's experience with performance. The questions is, does it happen all the times or it happens at a particular time e.g. Monday morning etc?

However, there can be multiple causes of this behaviour and I would start by checking few things – screenshots are attached:

1. In most of the case, the root cause could be the delay in response time (network issue), so check the response time between HOPEX server and Database server with the help of HRPing utility (hrping.exe -W -l 5000 -n 50 -y <RDBMS Server name or IP>) – check “RDBMS Installation Guide”
  2. Check the hardware resources on the HOPEX server and Database server e.g. Logical processor, RAM and Disk utilization. All these three can be the main contributors in the performance issues.
  3. Check the logs at the time when there are performance issues to see if there is anything particular, as it normally shows SQL errors in logs when there are performance issues.
  4. I personally have found that HOPEX V2R1/V3 runs better with SQL server 2017 and 2017
  5. Run the database shrink utility on the database
  6. Run the HOPEX stored procedures

I would really look into the point 1 and 2 as these are most common causes of performance issues.