cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger event on Drag and Drop an object on to other

ColruytTeam
Honored Contributor

Hi Community,

Can someone help me , how to trigger an event on drag and dropping an object on to the other.

The idea is when we nest an object on the other object, I should connect two objects with some relation.

Thanks in advance.

Colruyt Team
2 Replies

ColruytTeam
Honored Contributor

Hi ahbui,

Dragging and dropping means, placing an object on the other object on a diagram.

About the requirement:

The Archimate standard prescribes three types of relationships can be visualized by nesting objects, they are:
1) composition
2) aggregation
3) assignment

If an object would be nested in another object, MEGA should behave as follows:

case A: no composition, aggregation or assignment relation exists from the nesting to the nested object

1) a popup is shown giving the user the option to create a relationship implied by the nesting:

the options are the intersection between the allowed relationship types between the 2 objects and the relationship types that can be expressed through nesting
 2) the user can select one of the relationships in the popup, the user can also decide not to select any of the proposed relations

case B: there is already a composition and/or aggregation and/or assignment relation from the nesting to the nested object
no popup is shown

For this I have to trigger an event on nesting an object by other object.

Thanks for looking in to it.

Colruyt Team

ahbui
Retired

I misunderstood the questions to drag and dropping objects in a diagram. Removed the post to avoid confusion.