cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening a Read-only transaction in HOPEX without an active HOPEX running

jpots
Super Contributor

Hi,

I want to download a certain set of data from all my MegaDatabase (repositories) at once. So I wrote a VB.net application that did the job for me. In MEGA 2009 this worked perfectly, but now within HOPEX V2R1 I don't seem to create a MegaRoot-object.

My (simplified) code - the value of oEnv is correctly assigned to the one environment we have.

Dim oMegaApp As New MegaApplication
Dim oEnv As MegaEnvironment
Dim iRepos As MegaDatabase
Dim oMegaRoot As MegaRoot

oEnv.CurrentAdministrator = <user>
oEnv.CurrentPassword = <passwd>

for each iRepos in oEnv.Databases
OpenMode = iRepos.GetProp("RO")
oMegaRoot = iRepos.Open

... some code to download the data

next

When I perform the command oMegaRoot = iRepos.Open, the object oMegaRoot is left unassigned as 'nothing' instead of an open connection to the repository that I would like to download the data from.

Can anybody shine his/her light on this matter and tell me what I might to wrong or what might have changed since I used my code in MEGA 2009?

Tnx,

Jeroen.

4 Replies

jpots
Super Contributor

I'm being advised to use OpenEx instead of Open:

Par exemple :

Set mgRoot = mgBase.openEx("Login=" + login + ";Profile=" + profile + ";OpenMode=R;TranType=Micro")

Imran, thanks for your response, but it doesn't help me. In your code you mention 1 extra line of code: Set oEnv = oMegaApp.Environments(1) Since oEnv is already correctly assigned that is not the problem. I can also get a list of all the repositories/databases that are available in the environment. But when I want to open a MEGAROOT (iRepos.Open) of each database, the value of oMegaRoot is left unassigned (IsNothing).

So anybody else?

Dim oMegaApp As New MegaApplication
Dim oEnv As MegaEnvironment
Dim iRepos As MegaDatabase
Dim oMegaRoot As MegaRoot

Set oEnv = oMegaApp.Environments(1)
oEnv.CurrentAdministrator = ""
oEnv.CurrentPassword = ""

For Each iRepos In oEnv.Databases
OpenMode = iRepos.GetProp("RO")
Set oMegaRoot = iRepos.Open

Next