cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OWL ontology modeling/ integration

Chris1

Hi,

I have two related questions regarding MEGA HOPEX and ontologies:

1. Does the latest version of MEGA HOPEX contain some support for ontology modeling beyond the "normal" functionality of the information layer? I mean ontology in the sense of Web Ontology Language (specifically OWL 2 DL) expressivity. Are there any available connectors to integrate MEGA HOPEX with ontology modeling tools? (e.g Protege, TopBraid EDG) If the answers are "no" - is this something that's on the MEGA roadmap?

2. Does anyone have experience in custom integrations of MEGA HOPEX with ontology modeling tools? Maybe someone who developed an integration to automatically pull the content of the HOPEX information layer into RDF/ OWL and import it into a triple store/ semantic graph database?

Chris

2 Replies

kelvinmeeks
Super Contributor

One possible approach to consider (if you have the UML license) Create your ontology model with UML notation - and leverage the Mega XMI export capability to perform a transformation to an RDF/OWL format.

Or, if you have the ArchiMate license - and have received the patches to do Export, you could export to the Open Group ArchiMate standard 3.0 format. and do the transformation on that.

Enterprise Architect, World Traveler, Intrepid Sailor
Personal Motto: "Have Passport, Will Travel"
Company Motto: "Accelerate - Innovate - Elevate"

imran_khatyan
MEGA Partner
MEGA Partner

Mega provides extensive APIs regarding Diagram readability, manipulation etc. I suppose you can connect your external tool to read mega apis and convert any mega diagram into external model. If you have tool that you wish for me to look into I might be able to create a POC for you if you desire?