cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Diagramming Type

SNixon
New Contributor

Hi,

I am trying to create a new Diagramming Type which allows you to add Objective-Sub Objective relationships to an otherwise standard Strategic Model diagram.

I have copied all of the fields from the standard diagram and added my own relationships as links in a new diagram type param object but the diagram does not come up when i click new-> Diagram?

Is there a guide anywhere with all of the steps that need to be undertaken to create a new diagram type? All the relationships in my new diagram type are identical to already working types so i have no idea why mine does not work. I uploaded a couple of screenshots of what I am up to, happy to upload more if it helps.

Steve

5 Replies

Hello SNixon

It is likely that:

• DiagramTypeZoom is not well configured
  • MetaAttributeValue is not we configured (set a comment)
  • Metamodel is no compiled (metamodel and technical data)

Note also that the described MetaClass must be located in the data repository and not in systemdb.

ScreenShot002.jpg

Then the new diagram type is displayed, ex: My DiagramType 2

ScreenShot001.jpg

Jerome

SNixon
New Contributor

Hi Jerome, 

By "Make it a visible Option" I mean how to make the new diagram type appear when i ask Mega to create a new diagram.

See the image I uploaded "DiagramnotAppearing.png". 

Thanks for the guide that has helped. It looks like there is a wider issue with the meta-model in the development environment I was using which was to blame for the diagram failing.

Steve

Hello Nixon

I do not know what you mean by 'make it a visible option'.

Anyway, MEGA/HOPEX option (ex: business person management below) cannot be customized (hard coded).

Only MEGA can add a new options.

ScreenShot003.jpg

Jerome

SNixon
New Contributor

Hi Jhorber,

Thankyou for the swift response.

I have completed the diagram and I require only to make it a visible option. Could you let me knw what configuration i need to complete in order to do that?

Regards,

Steve

jhorber
MEGA
MEGA

Hello SNixon

Create a custom DiagramType requires the Meta Studio licence. It can be complex.

There is no dedicated tutorial or training.
The documentation available is the technical article 'HOPEX Studio', section Configuring Diagrams
http://community.mega.com/t5/HOPEX-V1R2-V1R3/HOPEX-V1R2-V1R3-Technical-Articles/ta-p/8061

Tip: do not hesitate to use the explorer tool and compare you custom configuration with the configuration of a standard DiagramType.

Jerome