cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping Attributes and Operations between Classes

RobertS
Contributor

In the past I have described the attribute defintions and transformations needed to integrate systems via files or messages by creating mappings at attribute and operation level from the source system to the intermediary mechanism and then to the target system e.g. mapping DOB in a SQL Server class to a text format in interchange file and then mapping the DOB file to a transformation class which is used to convert it into Oracle date format which in turn is mapped to the attribute in the relevant Oracle class.

I have been looking for how I could do this in Hopex but have not manage it yet (not being able to create class diagrams I tried using the association object but was unable to find a way to specify within it the objects it links to).  Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks

Robert

1 Reply

Rudi
Contributor

Hi Robert,

did you manage to do this?

I looking for a way to capture transformation rules between classes in different applications on attribute level: how one or more source attributes need to be matched and transformed to one or more target attributes.

I welcome any tip or good practice in Hopex (on V3 right now, later this year on V5)..

Thanks, Rudi