Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lock object by workflow

agorbulsky
New Contributor

Hello, colleagues!

Please advise -

As I start a workflow on an object, I want it to be locked from any change/ to have workflow interrupted if the object is changed.

What is the best way to do that ?  May be, somebody did already ?

What I assume would be possible - 

1. set a parameter which is calculated from workflow status.

2. make the parameter change in case of any change mada to the object

3. limit profile of users not to let them change that parameter.

I am sure there should be a more direct solution.

Thanks,

Alex.

4 Replies

Hi, 

Thanks for replying,

It's exactly what I did, The process attribute status has been set, no problem here; I order my actions correctly so that the lock action is executed last. The problem is occurred after the execution of my actions. There is this standard mechanism in the workflow engine that is being executed after that; And what I noticed, is that it links the target status of the transition to the workflow subject, which doesn't work because my workflow subject is being locked (the links are also locked) in the last action.

What do I have to do?

Hi,

Look at the Validation workflow, here you can see how both the Lok and unlock mechanism is working. The order of the actions in your transitions are important. Before setting e.f. the process status, you need to unlock the process. After setting a status, you can lock the process.

Hi,

I was exploring the Organizational Process Review workflow, to take a look at this functionality, though I couldn't find it; 

If you can tell us where to find it that'll be great;
Because I have this problem with my workflow, I used the "Lock Propagate" Operator in a Transition's action, but I'm getting this error where I cannot link the "workflow status" Object to my workflow subject, because the object is locked. Even though I Ordered it to be executed last.

This is the error I'm getting; It's in frenchThis is the error I'm getting; It's in french

Thank You,

hsoegaard
MEGA Partner
MEGA Partner

Hi,

There already is functionality in some of the standard workflows where objects are being locked, e.g. during validation. Try and have a look at the Organizational Process Review workflow. The functionality uses the Lock object with propagation method.