cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid Password Error - Login Information (Installing Mega on Active Directory)

AHassan
MEGA Partner
MEGA Partner

Hi,

I am installing Mega Web Client (V1R3 CP13) in Active Directory environment but on the Login information screen, it does not accept the login information for the user I have created for Mega installation.

I have tried entering full server name (Domain.ServerName\username) but still doesn’t work. I have disabled the Windows password complexity policy as well. Am I missing something?

Please see the screenshot.

Regards,

Asim

6 Replies

Arunas
Trusted Contributor

We are getting this issue while installing MEGA V2R1 U01 .  What could be the cause ?

Capture.PNG

We did these steps too as you suggested ,

1.  This service "Computer brower" is started temporarily & restart the server,

2. Installing the MEGA with local account and password.

https://community.mega.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/mega-kb-solution?sid=501D0000000nWsIIAU

Much Appreciated Guys.

Issue resolved!!! It was because "Computer Browser" Service was disabled.

Thanks All,

Asim

hdrapin
Super Contributor

One way to debug it's to :

1. Open : HOPEX - Administration (application on Desktop)
    Important : The Web application of Administration doesn't allow to map windows accounts (CP10/CP12)
  2. Select : User management
  3. Select  : Users
  4. Select or Create a LOGIN
  5. In the authentication Mode, select Windows
  6. Then Choose a Windows login account, if it doesn't show, You have restrictions on AD (see the post from jHorber)

Regards

Hello

Possible causes:

• Retrictions of the policies. The service 'Computer browser' is often disabled (company policy).
  • Issues related to complex Active Directory forest.

See this KB http://community.mega.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/mega-kb-solution?sid=501D0000000nWsIIAU

Jerome

Fatih
Trusted Contributor

Hi,

I agree, You need to do the transaction with the local user&password.

Best Regards.

hdrapin
Super Contributor

Hi,

You have to "map" the MEGA user Login with the Widows user login in the administration Tools. Therfore you don't have to provide the full domain but just the account.

Regards