cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to save data in macro (API) and retrieve it another one

jdemeusy
Super Contributor

Dear Community,

I need to save a variable value between two VB macros. My first macro to determine  "master application" in a diagram

and second macro to condition graphical link representation (depending if Triggered application or Triggering)

But I did'nt find in documentation the way to save a value in a macro (in temp file, in registry, ...) and how to retrieve this value in an other macro.

Do you have any ideas?

Thanks and

Regards

jacques demeusy

5 Replies

jdemeusy
Super Contributor

Hello Lionel

Indeed  when I open Properties and Characteristics Tab  of my diagram, I see my trace but not when opening my diagram (as you said)

In fact my requirement is to determine the current opened diagram name to select relevant MetaPicture for each object (Application, Interaction)   

Because in my logic relevant MetaPictures are depending on contextual Master Application (for the current diagram)

As I have now the possibility to determine Master Application from current diagram name (thanks for your ex) so I think my issue is solved

Of course the best solution would be to determine just one time (at diagram opening)  the Master Application. Currently I determine it  on each API activation (on each Object MetaPicture condition)

Jacques

Hello Jacques,

this macro is not supposed to be excecuted when you open the diagram.

Your new metaAttribute (that should be visible in the property pages of your diagram) is updated whenevever the master application is changed. If you have no master Application, this attribute will remain empty. Opening the diagram will not change anything.

But maybe I did not understand your question ?

Lionel

jdemeusy
Super Contributor

Hello Lionel

Sorry but I've strictly followed your instructions : new MetaAttribute for "Diagram" MetaClass + New macro connected to this MetaAttribute

But when I open my diagram (Application Env Diagram), this macro is not excuted (because I don"t see the trace taht I put in it) 

Do I have something else  to acitivate ?

bests regards

Jacques

jdemeusy
Super Contributor

Thanks Lionel for your excellent explanation which will allow me to solve my issue

For your information. It's easy to define Master application becaue it is part of  Current Diagram Name 

Rgds

Jacques

lionel
MEGA
MEGA

Hello Jacques,

If you are able to determine automatically which one is the master application on your diagram (and I think you are considering that you already wrote a macro to do it) , you should consider creating a calculated MetaAttribute on the Diagramme MetaClass. This MetaAttribute would be automatically filled with the name (or the absolute identifier) of the master application if it exists (using the macro you already wrote)... It would then be easy to get this value in any macros.

To do so, create a new MetaAttribute (called MASTER Application for example...) on the Diagram MetaClass.

Update its _AtNature to "Virtual" and Permission to "0x20F" (meaning you checked the "Activer la spécification par l'IHM" as shown in below screenshot) --> this last point is to disable modification of this metaAttribute (only your macro will modify it) :

AttributVirtuel.jpg

Then create a macro linked tp your new metaAttribute and implement it this way :

'MegaContext(Fields,Types)

'To Implement if you want to have a computed value for this attribute
Sub GetAttributeValue(myDiagram as MegaObject,AttributeID as Variant,Value as String)
    Value = ""
    For each objApplication in myDiagram.getCollection("~0sUip9B5iid0[Application]")
        If <your condition to find the master application> Then
          value = objApplication.getProp("~310000000D00[Identifiant absolu]") 'or the name, or ...
exit sub end If Next End Sub

If you do not like/want this solution, you still have the possibility to create, as you mentioned, a specific text file where you would store the information. You could either use one global text file storing the information for all your diagrams, or many temporary text files, one for each diagram, with a specific name for each ones to know where to look for the information.