cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to do a proper reinstallation of Hopex V1R2 CP1?

matthewfoo
Super Contributor

As the topic stated. I am in need to reinstall HOPEX V1R2 CP1 on a lesser environment . I have the following questions and hope someone could advise me,

1) will the uninstall from the windows server control panel clean up everything such as IIS web site setting and ODBC connection setting?

2) Any clean up I need to do after the uninstall?

3) From your experience, any additional steps to look out for when reinstalling Hopex?

Thanks

Regards

Matthew 

7 Replies

Helo Matthew

Indeed, there is no document 'What has changed HOPEX V1R2-V1R3 CP7'

This document reports functionnal changes and there are no functionnal changes in CP7, only error fixes.

Could you install HOPEX in the end?

Jerome

Thanks Jerome.

According to the upgrading document, there seen to be a major changes from CP 8 onwards. If I install CP11 directly via master installation , will I have a probelm in upgrading the data which is still at CP1 directly to CP11? . Or should I do a master installation to V1R2 CP7 and patch to CP8 , CP9, CP10 and CP11?

BTW, I don't seen to be able to see the release note for V1R2 CP7, any reason behind it?

Regards

Matthew

Hello

I recommend option 2

You can upgrade data after programs have been updated: see document section 'UPGRADING MEGA DATA' of the following document

http://community.mega.com/mega/attachments/mega/HOPEXV1R2/9/41/How%20to%20upgrade%20CP%20HOPEX%20V1R...

If you need assistance, open a case with technical support.

Jerome

Hi Jerome,

Thanks for the advice. I need some additional pointers. My current situation is that my Production Mega is only at V1R2 CP1 and the Database is in MS SQL server. What will be your advice in patching?

Option 1: Follow the patching process for every CP from CP2 to CP 11 , which is very time consuming but could be lower risk .

Option 2: Uninstall V1R2 CP1 from Production follow by instalingl V1R2 CP11 using master installation. My main question for this option is about the Data upgarding and Environment update which involve data in SQL server which is still in CP1 format, how do I upgrade those data and environment across so many version?

Regards

Matthew

Performing so many elementary CP upgrade (CP1->CP2->CP3... CP11) will be a industrious.

To avoid this, you can uninstall HOPEX, then to reinstall from this a master to get direclty to HOPEX V1R3 CP11 

MEGA technical support can provide a master of HOPEX V1R21-V1R3 CP11 

Send a mail to support@mega.com

Follow the installation documentation to install from the master

http://community.mega.com/mega/attachments/mega/HOPEXV1R2/9/59/Web%20Front-End%20Installation%20Guid...

By default release V1R3 (HOPEX V1R3 CP11) will be installed but you can switch back to V1R2 (HOPEX V1R2 CP11)

See section 'To continue working with HOPEX V1R2 after the initial install of HOPEX V1R3' of the  document below

http://community.mega.com/mega/attachments/mega/HOPEXV1R2/9/41/How%20to%20upgrade%20CP%20HOPEX%20V1R...

Then you will need to upgrade environment systemb from CP1 to CP11

Follow the same documentation, section 'UPGRADING MEGA DATA'

Open a case if you need assistance

Jerome

Thanks for the information abnd advice.

The reason I am installing V1R2 CP1 on a lesser environment is because my Production is at CP1 when I took over as administrator . I need to try out the patching from CP2 to CP 11 in a lesser environment before I apply the process to the Production. Unless Mega provide a some master patching installation that can patch from CP1 to some patch nearer to CP11, else I will need to go thru the long process of doing one by one. Any chance have a patch installation that bring Hopex V1R2 CP1 to CP5, 6,7, 8, 9, 10 or 11?

Regards

Matthew

jhorber
MEGA
MEGA

First of all do not reinstall HOPEX V1R2 CP1 unless you absolutely cannot avoid it.

The latest CP is CP11.

Reinstalling CP1 means avoiding the benefit of hundreds of fixes and robustness improvements.

It means also you will not have significant support assistance.

The better is you get the latest installation master HOPEX V1R2-V1R3 CP11

Regarding cleanup

• Check IIS folder (C:\inetpub\wwwroot)
    Manually delete possibly remaining folders related to HOPEX (HOPEX, HOPEXMWAS, MegaSSP)
  • Check Windows folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\MEGA)
    Manually delete possibly remaining folders  related to HOPEX
  • Check IIS manager
    Manually delete possibly remaining items related to HOPEX (IIS application pools, IIS applications)

You can restart the machine before installation.

Also follow very carefully the installation document

http://community.mega.com/mega/attachments/mega/HOPEXV1R2/9/59/Web%20Front-End%20Installation%20Guid...

Jerome