cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does ArchiMate works with MEGA?

SergeThorn
Super Contributor

Dear all,

Has anyone used ArchiMate for modelling with MEGA and if yes, I have a series of questions!

• Can we use in parallel the MEGA modelling and ArchiMate modelling in the same environment?
  • Is this a mapping between the MEGA and ArchiMate metamodels?
  • Can I import a MEGA diagram in an ArchiMate diagram?
  • If I mainly use ArchiMate for modelling can I assume that the content of my diagrams is stored in the MEGA metaclasses or is this another environment?
  • If In mainly use ArchiMate for modelling, can I still use all the reporting provided natively by MEGA?
  • Is the ArchiMate module providing the classical viewpoints for reporting?

In a nutshell, using ArchiMate should be considered as starting from scratch or another possibility of modelling in MEGA, reusing all the content produced before?

Regards

1 Reply

OLeGuellec
MEGA
MEGA

Hi,

Can we use in parallel the MEGA modelling and ArchiMate modelling in the same environment?

-> yes

Is this a mapping between the MEGA and ArchiMate metamodels?

-> some ArchiMate elements are mapped to HOPEX objects (e.g. ArchiMate Application Component -> Application), so that these can be shared with other products (or across ArchiMate models). This also enables cross usage e.g. have a process mentioned in an ArchiMate diagram and describe it further in BPMN using HOPEX Business Process Analysis. See the ArchiMate product documentation for details ; relationships are NOT mapped.

Can I import a MEGA diagram in an ArchiMate diagram?

-> no, the semantic is different, so that a generic translation is not possible ; specific translation of HOPEX diagrams into ArchiMate language is possible in project mode, if needed.

If I mainly use ArchiMate for modelling can I assume that the content of my diagrams is stored in the MEGA metaclasses or is this another environment?

-> this works the same way as other HOPEX products, with a dedicated metamodel

If In mainly use ArchiMate for modelling, can I still use all the reporting provided natively by MEGA?

-> HOPEX studio features are available as for other HOPEX products ; some sample TOGAF like reports are provided.

Is the ArchiMate module providing the classical viewpoints for reporting?

-> the ArchiMate standard viewpoints are predefined and can be selected when creating a diagram