cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hopex Installation and Deployment Documentation

marcelotakashi
New Contributor

Hello,

I recently installed Hopex V2R1 in a customer and after I started the environment creation, had to abort it due some server memory constraints. After I upgraded the memory of the server, I tried again to create the environment, using the same name of environment as before. That led to some erratic behavior of Hopex. And after some help of the support, I was told that, if the environment creation is aborted, the best practice is to drop the databases related to the environment and then recreate the environment. 

I tried to search the documentation for this information, but couldn´t find anywhere. Considering that this task is that critital for Hopex, I think that, at least, a warning should be put in the Environment Creation part of Installation and Deployment or Administration documentation. 

I think this could save lots of time for newbies in the Hopex Installation.

Best Regards.

1 Reply

dingalls
Retired

Hello,

Im not sure if you are aware but we have recently launched our new Hopex Customer Ideas page. This allows you to submit something that you think may be a good improvement for our software. It can be found here: 

https://community.mega.com/t5/HOPEX-Customer-Ideas/idb-p/hopex-idea