cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

History of duplicated objects

Yogita
Super Contributor

When duplicating objects like Business Capabilities (by copy/pasting in another library), the History of the new object is stuck on the copied object history and no new line is added.

What could be the issue?

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thank you

5 Replies

Hello Yogita

I do not understand the exact scenario

If you want to go further, please open a case so that we can perform further investigations.

Jerome

Yogita
Super Contributor

Hello,

Thanks  for reply.

If we duplicate any object it should be the copy of that object along with history. The Changes implemented on any object (either on Main object or duplicate one) should not impact each other. The objects will create its own history. I have also noticed that
when I tried to connect or disconnect anything in duplicate object I am not able to get any history.
MEGA VERSION: V1R2 CP12

I dont think that the Duplicate function should also duplicate the History. You are creating a new object based on another object. The history belongs to the old object. The new object should have a "fresh" history" - in the same way as if you created the object manually.

Yogita
Super Contributor

Hello Jhorber,

When  duplicate a Business Capability in same or  another library (using duplicate option in MEGA) , don’t get any history on the duplicate Business Capability.

Thank you

jhorber
MEGA
MEGA

Hello Yogita

I am not aware that copy/paste performs a duplication.

Can you be more specific?

Jerome