cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[HOPEX V2] Expected behaviour when clicking object name of selected item in application result set?

kaiken
Super Contributor

We've just started trying out HOPEX 2 and I've gotten feedback that the item listing isn't behaving in an expected or desirable way.

1. from the dashboard, click on "applications" tile

2. click on one of the applications listed to select / activate it

3. click on the application name -- in essence, you've double-clicked on the application name now

Result is that the application name is now in "edit" mode.  This is undesirable as we don't want people changing application names.

Desirable action would be to open the associated "description" diagram, as the desktop client does when double-clicking.

What are other users' thoughts -- is this expected behaviour? Is it configurable, does it change in a future version of HOPEX?

2 Replies

kaiken
Super Contributor

CP5 - we haven't applied any hotfixes.

By "expected" behavious, it's more a UX question -- what users would expect, vs how it's been designed.

We've got user feedback that the thick / desktop client behaves differently than the web client, and that the thick / desktop client's behaviour is preferable.

So it's more a design question -- why does the web client behave differently, and what is the experience / feedback from others in the community?  Is it desirable that the double-click on the web client would open a "rename", or that it would open a diagram?

Our user feedback is that opening the diagram would be preferable; at minimum, behaving as the thick / desktop client is desirable.

dingalls
Retired

Hi,

Which CP and hotfix of V2 are you currently using?

As far as im aware this is the expected behavior. What do you mean by "open the associated description diagram"? When i doubleclick on an application in the thick (desktop) client in my standard V2 CP5 environment it simply opens the right click menu. When i doubleclick on an application in the web it behaves as you mentioned.