cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter Shapes for certain User Profiles

hsoegaard
MEGA Partner
MEGA Partner

Is it possible to filter access to certain shapes of a Metaclass in the same manner as attributes and associations can be filtered for a user profile ?

5 Replies

lmazurie
Honored Contributor

Hello hsoegaard,

Regarding your question, in a recent past, I have made new computed shapes based on a new MetaAttribute (that can be hidden) on a MetaClass. This property/attribute was a computed one linked with a macro that is reading the profile of the user who has created the object. Then the shape will be forced to be compliant with the form "attached" to the profile.

Due to your question, today's I tried to play with the   "C:\Documents and Settings\<<WINDOWS USER>>\Local Settings\Application Data\Mega\MEGA\MEGASYS.TXT" and the file  MEGASETTINGS.INI with a field called [DrxtShape] "Dir" which points at a form directory. I have no effects.
The aim was to associate different Mega_Usr to users with the same .mgs list and names but different drawings inside ... 

Regards,

Lionel Mazurié

Okay thanks. Alternatively they can just manually change the shape under "Shapes & Details"

In general calculation of shapes/pictures is made at environment level (not profile level) with criteria that can be computed for the objects (property, link..).

If the user group that expects specific shapes use a specific MEGA enviroment and critera can be computed, it is possible.

It may be possible to use the metamodel fiter that can be configured at profile level to get a different behaviour

However this is not an official feature and above all, it needs to be checked with a specific case

Jerome

We have no specific example - its a question we have had from a client. The use case is, that in a certain area of the company a user group might like to have som shapes, eg. in Archimate that has different colors. The rest of the company will be using the standard shapes.

The question is more about if the new shapes can be set to default for this specific user group, and for the rest of the company they will be using the standard shapes.

For now we just need to know if this is this technically possible.

jhorber
MEGA
MEGA

Hello hsoegaard

If I understand, you want to use the metamodel filter feature to hide certain shapes of a MetaClass.

--> Can you give a more specific example

• Name a MetaClass
  • Specify in which context (diagram, tree, property, page)
  • Specify the criteria to hide certain but not all shapes

Jerome