cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when creating new MetaAssociation with Class „Entity (DM)”

RalfMieke
Super Contributor

Dear Community,

we are trying to create a new MetaAssociation between a custom MetaClass and the MetaClass „Entity (DM)“. The straightforward way did not work, showing an error Message
“Invalid definition of "NewMetaAssociation" you need to connect a macro to this MetaAssociation”. We have found this old article: http://community.mega.com/t5/Technical-Product/Error-when-creating-a-new-meta-Association-between-2-...

However the solution given does not work for MEGA 2009 SP 5 Patch 8, although stated in the corresponding KB-Article http://community.mega.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/mega-kb-solution?sid=50120000000mqi7AAA

There are two problems: Firstly the MetaClass “Class” doesn’t exist, so it can’t be connected; we have found “_Class”, though. Secondly, even after connecting everything else as stated (Only using “_Class” instead of the non-existent “Class” MetaClass), the error Message still appears and the problem remains unsolved.

Is there an updated way to extend the MetaModel to include a new MetaAssociation to a new MetaClass from the MetaClass “Entity (DM)”?

6 Replies

Hi Lionel,

I am having the same issue attempting to connect Business Process to Entity (DM). I went to your suggested solution, but am unsure of exactly what to do, below are my questions.

1. When you make a new MetaAssociation including Entity (DM) then you have to create a paralell MetaAssociation with the MC "Class" (persistant) and then your MA with Entity as a virtual one. - There is already 1 association between Class and Entity (DM). Here is the current model, what do I need to do? Business Process to Data Entity
  2. Macro "FilteredMetaAssociation" must be associated to this second MA. The final step is the mapping between the virtual and persistent MAEnd ... ...- What are the steps for this?

Additionally, the reason I started looking into this was because a custom tab added by an admin who left the company was not working. The page showed up and I didn't get the error message noted in this thread but, the connect capability is disabled.

Connect Disabled for Business Process to Entity (DM)

Here is the code for the page:

[Template]
SubGroup=Group(Bar),Pos(Top)
Subs=Map(~ZwKJGBx5IHTI[Entity <DM>])
SubsList=Attribute(~ZwKJGBx5IHTI[Entity <DM>]),Contains(Subs),In(SubGroup),Control(ListView),Title(No),Param(NoDefaultColumn,ToolBar[+C,+D,+L,+U])

Hello RalfMieke

I can confirme that the MetaClass 'Class' exists.

I do not know why it is hidden in you context.

To go further please open a case with technical support.

You can use this form.

Jerome

if you are talking about MEGA licenses, yes.

The only abnormality is that the MetaClass “Class” is not displayed by default (The Query tools’ status bar indicates a hidden result for the query SELECT [MetaClass] WHERE [Name] = “Class”, and 0 visible results)

lmazurie
Honored Contributor

Hi Ralf,

The licence is active ?

Lionel Mazurié

Thanks for your reply.

The error has disappeared somehow and everything works fine.

Note that the MetaClass “Class” is hidden from the UI, we were able to find it by “Creating” a new MetaClass named “Class” on a MetaModel diagram and clicking “connect”.

Is there a way to “Unhide” the MetaClass from, for example the query view?

lmazurie
Honored Contributor

Dear Ralf,

Please read it if it can help you :

http://community.mega.com/t5/Functional-Product-and/Including-a-MClass-quot-Entity-DM-quot-in-a-City... 

Regards,

Lionel Mazurié