cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does duplicating objects, duplicate scenario diagrams?

BenAvdicevic
Honored Contributor
Hello,

I am trying to confirm if "object duplication" only copies the structure diagrams, but BUT, not the scenario diagrams ?

The official documenation for V5 (Duplicating Objects) doesn't mention anything about duplication of diagrams.

However, the documentaion on (Comparing Diagram) does say that you can use "Compare Diagrams" option, but again it doesn't say whether  this works both scenario or structure diagrams.  Examples are shown for a business process diagram.

For now, we are working with folllowing objects;

Applications
Application Sytems
Applicaiton (System) Environments
When I duplicate any of the above objects - the duplicate object only contains the strcuture diagrams - not the scenario of flows.  Is this the expected behavior - or should HOPEX also be duplicating the scenenario diagrams?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Regards,
Ben
2 Replies

BenAvdicevic
Honored Contributor
Thank you Patrick.

That answers my question.

Looking forward CP3 to test this out.

Regards,
Ben

PBessodes
MEGA
MEGA

Hi,

Current duplication tool doesn't handle scenario of flows, only structure. So it is the expected behavior. But :

In Hopex v5 CP3, some main concepts (application, application system, capabilities (business , functionality technical functionalities...) and others will have a deep duplication tool which will allow user to select objects and depth for duplication. This will allow user to duplicate objects like scenarios of flows or deployment architectures from an application for example.

Regards,

Patrick.