cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizing Advisor propertypages

LBauer
Super Contributor

Hello Everyone,

I am currently trying to customize the PropertyPages in Advisor. What I want to do is to hide some menu points in the top menu of the new gray box when clicking the properties of a MetaClass. For example we have a tab “City Planning” for the MetaClass “Application” which should not be visible in our customized Advisor.

Does anyone have an idea how this could be done?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Lars

6 Replies
Moved:

LBauer
Super Contributor

Hi Bruno, hi Jerome,

since Release 7 is currently in a testing stage on our side I tested Brunos proposal which worked fine for me. So until we have updated to R7 we will go on with this proposal. Thanks Bruno!

Thanks to Jerome, too. As soon as we have updated to R7 I will try you proposal ASAP and hope that it will work also for future versions.

Many thanks to both of you!

Best regards,

Lars

Hello

A new feature enables to control the pages available in MEGA Advisor for a type of object 'Application...

This feature is available with MEGA 2009 SP5 R7

It is implemented with the template 'MEGA Advisor 2012'
This feature is documented in the document 'Advisor 2012 Customization MEGA 2009 EN.pdf' page 31 and later attached to this post. Specification requires MEGA Destkop and some programming knowledge

Note that the technique of filtering with the section [Filter-Available] is NOT an official feature.

It is not recommended to use it.

It may not work in future versions.

Jerome

Yes the 0 means that it's hidden. The ID is the ID of a metaPropertyPage that's created a tab. (sometimes it's a metaAttributeGroup...)

In the same way you can hide a metaAttribute or a metaCommand with their ID.

Yes you need to have one entry for every tab that you want to hide.

Attached please find a screenshot showing  the tab "Persons" that is created from themetapropertypage "Acteur/Personne".

So if you want to hide the tab "Person" you need to have the entry <id of the metapropertypage Acteur/Personne">=0 in the [Filter-Available] section in the profile properties.

Regards,

Bruno

LBauer
Super Contributor

Hi Bruno,

Thanks for your feedback.

Can you please explain this section a bit more detailed?

[Filter-Available]
r1JZL3fG2vS0=0
F3Bdr0wM2vm0=0
mWORH)sk(800=0

What are the IDs for? Does the 0 mean that is is hidden? Do I need to have one entry ("r1JZL3fG2vS0=0") for every Tab / button I would like to hide? Where can I get this id since they are not objects or MetaAttributes but a kind of tab / button.

Attached please find a screenshot showing what I mean. The red circle shows an example of what I would like to hide.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Best regards,

Lars

btestard
Retired

Hi Lars,

If you have a profile for your Advisor users, you can hide all the metaPropertyPages that you want!

In the properties of the profile, tab "Texts" and item "Profile manager", you can enter this:

[Filter-Available]
r1JZL3fG2vS0=0
F3Bdr0wM2vm0=0
mWORH)sk(800=0

[Filter-Available] section allows to hide all the objects that you want.

You can also hide metaAttributes, metaAssociations, ...

If you have any questions, don't hesitate.

Bruno