cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automate exploitation procedures

ymaheu

Hi

We've just installed Mega on a Windows 2008 R2 server and I'm discovering the product.

If we want to plan physical backups of the GBMS database, I suppose it's better to stop the application during the backup operation.

Does it exist scripts (.bat, powershell...) to automate this exploitation procedures (backup, start/stop) ?

Yves

3 Replies

jhorber
MEGA
MEGA

Hello Yves

For GBMS storage cold/warm is recommended.

We have found that with some file systems, differential/incremental backup did not save MEGA repository files correctly. We cannot guarantee hot backup mode either.

Jerome

SVanSchoonlandt
Honored Contributor

Our windows server team runs backup scripts at 2am, usually we have nobody working at that time in the tool. Some people still have an open transaction but that does not cause any issues in the back-ups.

kind regards

stijn

lmazurie
Honored Contributor

Hi Yves,

I am not the Lab, just an advanced administrator and user for more than ten years in MEGA but for both types of databases (system and data), I have never had any issue with warm backups due to the fact that concurent engineering is external and backup format is a journalization. 

Then I suppose you don't want to erase or publish automatically the transactions opened by your users then making a "hot" backup is the more easier and secure way.  

Nevertheless, all API are available to do all administrative tasks.

Thus are necessary, a logical backup (for data recovery both business and technical data ) and a physical backup of your environment to be sure.

Regards

Lionel Mazurié