cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Goal connecting to library element

SVanSchoonlandt
Honored Contributor

I'm trying to add the goal objects to the libraries in MEGA. Therefore I added the goal metaclass as a submetaclass of hte abstract metaclass library element. However this throws the following error:

Erroneous Link "(MetaClass/SubMetaClass)" between MetaClass "Goal" and MetaClass "Library Element". Locations are different.

Anyone an idea on what is causing this? I have added other metaclass as library element in the same way, however only goal is giving me this issue.

thanks

stijn

3 Replies

Exactly... except you can link a generality to "data" metaclasses... which means I was wrong saying you cannot link a "System" metaclass to a "Data" metaclass... Smiley Embarassed

I then guess the problem comes from the fact that you try to create a connection between a "System" metaclass and an "Abstract Data" Metaclass...

That also means you can easily solve your problem by creating a direct link between "Goal" and "Library" (and adding correct metaAssociationEnds to the "Library.CreateChildMenuCommands" and the "Library.LinkChildMenuCommands" metacommand...)

I've tried it and it works 🙂 Just import the joined file in your system repository (be aware that it will be considered as personalized metamodel and you will have to manage it yourself...) and compile your metamodel.

Regards,

Lionel

Hi Lionel,

thanks for the clear explanation. I understand it now, so goal is actually the same kind of metaclass as generality?

Kind Regards

stijn

lionel
MEGA
MEGA

Hello Stijn

Goal is a "System" Metaclass (meaning when you create a goal, it is visible in all the repositories of your environment because it is stored in the systemdb repository).

Other metaclasses you have linked to a library were "Data" metaclasses.

You're not suppose to link a "System" metaclass (goal) to a data metaclass (library) (but I think there is a "system library" metaclass that you could use instead...)

Regards,

Lionel