cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERQL Documentation

epr-corpo

Hello,

Does MEGA have documentation on the ERQL language?
I look up on the internet and I didn't find anything that explain the terms and syntax to use in that language.

Thank you,

5 Replies

Yes, that should be in a simialr place in the V5 documentation

TDucher
Super Contributor

Hello,

If it is not too late ....

Full documentation about how to use ERQL, syntax, examples is in the Power studio part of the documentation in HOPEX V2 I use today.

Maybe at the same place for V5 ?

TDucher_1-1649239305522.png

The key to understanding the search tool in HOPEX is really to understand the meta model.

The search syntax is straight forward: Select Meta Class where Condition

The condition is then either relating to an Attribute or to a Meta Association (or a string of Meta Associations !).

Select [Org-Unit] where [Designed Organizational Process] = &name

Strings of meta associations can be connected using the . (dot)

Select [Organizational Process] where [Person Assignment].[Business Role]="Organizational Process Owner"

When using abstract metaclass use : to build the relation

Select [Organizational Process] where [System Used].[System Specification]:[Application]

BenAvdicevic
Honored Contributor

@epr-corpo There IS documentation, as @hsoegaard mentioned - but ERQL usage is still very challenging for new users IMHO.

I've probably spent few hours on ERQL and I can't say I've much better at it than I started.

ON the other hand - I never read a single line of documentation on servicenow filitering/querying syntax and I was able to use it from day 1.

For example, this simple HOPEX query stumped me.

List applications where "Name of Person" is "Financial Controler" .

The ERQL wizard is a nice concept - but it didn't help me.  It did not have "Responsibility" or "Financial Controler" role.

Finally - plain old list of applications "Menu >> Applicaions" which shows a list of all applictions - can be filtered easilty - which is nice.   But, out-of-box setup doesn't display any of the responsibility columns nor can they be added  by hand through V5 web GUI (probably can with Stuidio?) .  

Hopefully you found the documenation more helpful and ERQL learning easier.        

hsoegaard
MEGA Partner
MEGA Partner

Yes, in the online documentation:

HOPEX V5 EN (mega.com)