cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggested Mega Hopex Product Improvements

kelvinmeeks
Super Contributor

This is a thread to capture suggestions for improving the Mega Hopex product.

One suggestion per reply.

Enterprise Architect, World Traveler, Intrepid Sailor
Personal Motto: "Have Passport, Will Travel"
Company Motto: "Accelerate - Innovate - Elevate"
10 Replies

Thanks Sarah - I'll find some time this Friday to re-enter them there.

SarahMx
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @kelvinmeeks

Thank you for all your suggestions. Did you know that we recently opened a new section, HOPEX Customers Ideas, where you can share them directly, receive votes or vote for others? Would you mind posting your ideas there instead of here, as it will be more visible? 

Don't hesitate to PM me if you have any questions. 

Sarah

Sarah

kelvinmeeks
Super Contributor

When I am logged in as an ArchiMate Enterprise Architect, and I am creating a view for an ArchiMate Model, if I enter a name in the Local Name (Creation of View) - but then go to select the Viewpoint - it changes the Local Name to use the Model Name + the Viewpoint type.  It should not discard the Local Name that I initially entered. This is an unexpected side-effect behaviour that is confusing and confounding.

kelvinmeeks
Super Contributor

When I log-in as an ArchiMate Enterprise Architect - and create Models, Views, Diagrams, and Elements - it would be great to be to capture different types of Notes for each - as well as associate Keywords each type of artifact - which would be useful to facilitate documenting the Model - and improving the ability to search and find related content.

kelvinmeeks
Super Contributor

When I am logged in as an ArchiMate Enterprise Architect, and have created a model, being able to create "Packages" at the root level under the Model (which would each contain the Views and Elements sub-folders) would allow me to organize content for modeling various constructs such as a Line of Business, Solution Architecture Documents, AS-IS, and TO-BE - and to be able to resuse/reference elements across those packages -since elements can only be shared within the same Model.

This one feature enhancement would turbo-charge the ability for Enterprise Architecture teams to efficiently organize details within Models.

kelvinmeeks
Super Contributor

When logged in as an ArchiMate Enterprise Architect - I should be able to organize artifacts into different Models - and reuse/reference items in a given model, from a different model.  The current situation is that I can't drag-and-drop artifacts across models.

kelvinmeeks
Super Contributor

When viewing the IT Portfolio Management (accessed via the hamburger on the left-hand side of the screen),
I select Portfolios,
then I select a specific Portfolio,
then I select the Details button (on the right-hand side of the menu bar)
then I select the Inventory option from the drop-down
then I select some (or all) of what I would logically believe to be a list of Applications (else, why is there an "Add Application" button made available here?)
then I click "Instant Report" and select one of the report types (say, for a Pie Chart)
In the Group by: - it isn't intuitively obvious that I am not looking at the attributes for an Application (but in fact, I believe it is only showing me the attributes for an Assessment) - even if I click the box for "More Characteristics"

This seems to be inconsistent behavior (or just a badly named UI for choosing the term "Inventory" here - and not making it obvious that it is an Inventory of Assessment "wrappers")  with the view from either of the Applications widgets - or if I navigate from the IT Portfolio Management > Hierarchy View, and then select Applications > Business Lines > (select a specific business line) > click the "Details" button > select the "Application" option from the drop-down ==> and continue with the same "Instant Report" option...like above (which WILL show you the Application attributes).

Improve the naming of things under Portfolios so it is obvious what you are doing.

Also - make a true list of Applications available under the Portfolio view
This level of inconsistency makes the product non-intuitive to use.

kelvinmeeks
Super Contributor

When in an Instant Report (viewed in the right-hand details pane) - if I go to select additional items in the list (or de-select items) - it would great if the Refresh button in the Instant Report actually did recognize the revised list of selected items.

kelvinmeeks
Super Contributor

When you are logged and are looking at a list of Applications, and you acces the Documentation menu option via the right-click to access the "Dependency and Impact" report - it would magnificent if the UI had the same option when viewing a list of Technologies.

kelvinmeeks
Super Contributor

It is very cumbersome and inefficient to have to log-out and log-in again - just to access functionality that is already associated to my profile.

It would be infinitely better if, while logged in, I could just toggle (from within the same session) to be able to access the different profile functionalities.