cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MetaPropertyPage- Add new column from MAE/Query

farhad
MEGA Partner
MEGA Partner

Hi, I am trying to extend the properties option of the "Portfolio" object with a new tab 'Projects'

When select the new 'Projects' tab, a table with the following information shall be presented in the properties page of the Portfolio in a list.

Project

Start date

End date

Progress

Responsible

[Local Name]

[Begin Date]

[End Date]

[Progress Percentage]

[Project Leader]

Responsible [Project Leader] is from portfolio>Project>Project Leader, like to show in table but couldnt do that yet.  First 4 MetaAttribute of upper table is showing but [Project Leader] is not showing, which can be retrieved using MetaAssociation or Query. MetaProperty code attached as screenshot.

Cuurent view is attached as screenshot and expected view is attached as screenshot Details.

Could you help me to sort out...

Thanks

4 Replies

farhad
MEGA Partner
MEGA Partner

Thanks a lot, Its working.... 🙂

Hi Philippe,

TaggedValue will only return the text of the user name if you return the string. It is not a mega object so it would not allow user to right mouse click the name and select Properties or Explore.

Thanks,

PNG

pvandeginste
Honored Contributor

Hi Philip,

When using the TaggedValue as you describe, would that display the value (in this case Person assignment) as a simple text, or would it display the object itself so that I could right-click on it, and bring up its menu to explore it, open its properties, etc.?

Thanks,

Philippe

png
MEGA
MEGA

Hi Farhad,

I see that you are trying to create a column of Person Assignment in a list view. Person Assignment is a MetaAssociationEnd and not an Attribute. You will need to create a TaggedValue object that determines and holds the Person Assignment of Project. You will need some knowledge of customization.

1. Create a TaggedValue

2. Create and modify macro for the TaggedValue

3. Update Property Page to add the column of created TaggedValue. Ex:  PersonAssignment  = Item("xxxxTaggedValuexxx"),From(TaggedListView),Name("Responsible")

Hope this help.

Thanks,

Philip