cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MEGA documented in SQL tables and querys

cerrejon
Super Contributor
Hi, I can document how MEGA tables and SQL querys, or any reference document to do. regards
16 Replies

lmazurie
Honored Contributor
Please see with Jerome because he is respresenting the editor. Accessing data is perilous and can broke the support ... Sorry.
Lionel Mazurié

cerrejon
Super Contributor
Hello, I understand that part, but what I want is to register the database schema of applications registered in MEGA. Cheers,

lmazurie
Honored Contributor
... but everything is stored in the database ...
Lionel Mazurié

lmazurie
Honored Contributor
Hi, To complete Jerome's info : RDBMS HOPEX/MEGA tables are not to be documented because proprietary but are "the mirror" of the metamodel ... so yes you can document metamodel by descriptors which are extracting infos on MetaClass, MetaAttrtribute etc ... SQL queries are object like the others so you can use a descriptor even to "display" the Query code and do not forget that a query is "attached" to the queried MetaClass. It's already powerfull and complete for documentation. At a former customer IT department site I can remember a question of this customer who was answering to document the ORACLE tables of PeopleSoft ... ... it is a non-sens obiously 🙂 Regards,
Lionel Mazurié

cerrejon
Super Contributor
Hello, what I really want is to register MEGA tables or diagrams to databases. Thank you,

jhorber
MEGA
MEGA

Hello cerrejon

The question is not cristal clear

If your question is 'Is there a reference documentation for SQL tables or SQL queries used in HOPEX with SQL Server/Oracle storage?' the answer is no. MEGA considers this as an internal implementation and it is not documented.

If your question is 'Is there a reference documentation for concepts (MetaClass) used in HOPEX?' the answer is yes.

However this not a document. MEGA Studio enables to browe the metamodel using query tool, explorer tool, property page.

Metamodel diagram can also be used to understand specific areay of the metamodel

See also http://community.mega.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/mega-kb-solution?sid=50120000000mqh1AAA

ERQL queries are not documented. You can understand the metamodel browsing using the explorer tool.

Experienced users understand their meaning by reading the ERQL code.

Jerome