Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MEGA ARCHITECTURE : query with several object

slaurain
New Contributor

I am French, sorry for my bad English

In MEGA ARCHITECTURE :

How to write an application to obtain a list of all applications modeled for each application with the application name and the name of an actor associated with the application ?

thank you

Sylvie L.

2 Replies

Hello,

I am a basic user of MEGA and I do not know the Report Template. It might be necessary that I take training because I was not able to do this. I have not found the report chapter ...

Thank you again for your answer

Sylvie L.

cpucci
MEGA
MEGA

Hello,

the result of a MEGA query is a collection (a list of objects), I think you want a little bit more, like a "SQL ResultSet" with in one column the application name, and in another column the actor name.

You can have this result with an Analysis Report with a few clicks:

• Create a new Report Template in the Utilities tab
  • In the wizard select the Property type
  • As object type select Application, and as properties just select one attribute (any one because we will change it soon)
  • Complete the creation of the report template and then, when the template is ready, open it in the navigator (or in Explorer), expand the report chapter (you may change it name if you want) and edit the macro under the Report Chapter.
  • Inside the macro you will see at line 57 (use ctrl-g to go directly to the line number) something like this:

ReDim aProperties(1)
aProperties(1) = "~f10000000b20[Comment]"

(I selected the Comment attribute, any value will be good)

Write as the value of aProperties(1) the MetaAssociationEnd that links the Application to the Actor, the result shall be something like:

ReDim aProperties(1)
aProperties(1) = "~Z1gXKYuD3TA0[Responsible Org-Unit]"

Save the macro, and create a new Report from the Report template. Then select the applications you want and see the result.

Claudio Pucci