cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass change of application owners

DLawrie
Super Contributor

We have a requirement to change 100's of application with application owner relationships. What is the best way to disconnect on mass current applications from their owners and assign them new applications. In our estate we have over 2000 applications and some owers at a senior level with over 100 applications they are classified as application owners of. We only have a Hopex hosted web front end and no windows Hopex interface. Any ideas?

4 Replies

ilvetz
Super Contributor

You may also try using this Excel template.

Responsibility AssignmentShort NameBusiness RoleAssigned ObjectAssigned Person
00000000800000400000000040000063000000000C00008A235326C14ECD456E000000000C000089
 [Person]-Local Application Owner-[Application]Local Application Owner[eg. Application Shortname][Person]

Let me know.

Hi mostafafad thanks for the reply. We have not been able to use vbscript editor as we only have the hopex cloud solution and no windows access. 

I have been able to do some mass changes using excel import sheet as

ApplicationApplication CodeShort NameITPM - Excel Application Application Owner
B1EDB2562C14016F55EF6704336F00B10000000040000063DBE4E3EF54375F5B

But it is a bit disconcerting that it works without an absolute id from the person that is being assigned and it removes access from the person that was an application owner. I need to do some more testing where there are multiple existing application owners and where there are multiple applications owners with the same name.. But for now my immediate requirement seems to be satisfied. Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

I think the best way with these one-time scenarios is to write a vbscript and run it through vbscript editor in order to do the transfer

DLawrie
Super Contributor

Mass changes can be made by duplicating or transfering responsibilities between people within the Hopex Admistrator interface. Mass deletes can aslo be made through the admistrator tool. However new mass loads are still a problem to work on.