cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to capture the date and time a user exits Mega?

rbpatesmega
Super Contributor

Is there a macro that I should create to be able to capture datatime a user exits Mega?

I have no problem with Login since what I did is just create a metacommand for Repository class then connect a macro there then implement the sub function CmdCheck.  But for logout/exit I do not know where to start investigating.

9 Replies

Roland,

In the filesystem of your environment in the folder Db/dbname/dbname.transactions are *.mgl files where you might find the username inside the filename, and the content looks like :

.Description "Open session Date : 28/09/15 Time: 12:19:58"

.Description "Close session Date : 28/09/15 Time: 12:20:44"

There you are sure about login/logout pair.

kind regards,

Wim Van de Velde

Hi Jerome,

I have another question. I want to get the duration a user is logged in. Therefore I need to get the exact pair of login and logout. I have no problem in getting the login but for logout my problem is that how can I make sure that the logout is the exact partner of  a login. Is there a unique id that I can tagged both login and logout?

Regards,

Roland Pates

Hello

The login involved is identified with the even LicenseLoginSuccess

Extract of the log

{"Login session":"Login : Mega , Products : \/RW 'ALGNT;API;APM;ARC;ARCI;BAM;CEV;CMDB;CRK;DBB;DMO;DOC;DOD2;ERML;ERMW;ETOM;FEA;GEN;HOS;HTK;ICM;INFA;ITD;ITGRC;LDC;MAO;MAP;MASSW;MBS;MCM;MDM;MDS;MIA;MIAW;MPGA;MPL;MPP;MTR;MTS;MTS2;NAF;PMN;PMS;PRO;RAR;SAP;SCHED;SDE;SOIA;SUP;TOG;UML;WEB' "}

--> in this log the login involved is 'Mega'

Jerome

Hi Jerome,

Actually you are correct, it also logs events from Windows Front End. But the problem is that there is no information about the user who logged  in. It just says Mono:Unknown. Unlike login/logout from Hopex, information about the user is explicitly indicated. Could you confirm this?

Thank You,

Roland Pates

Hello

I do no confirm this.

I did a test wih Windows Front-End (Mega.exe) HOPEX V1R3 CP12 in a installation where supervison is active.

Sucessful login at 19h53/19h54 is traced by the following events

• RepositorySessionConnect
  • LicenseLoginSuccess 

Sucessfull logout with dispatch at 19h56  is traced by the following events

• TransactionDispatch
  • RepositorySessionClose
  • RepositoryClose

See log in attachement

Jerome

Hi jhober,

I checked the logs (SSPSPRVSMM-DD-YY.txt) you mentioned and you are correct RepositorySessionConnect and  RepositorySessionClose event names are present. Correct me if I am wrong, only the  login and logout events under the web client (hopex) will be monitored . Login activity under the thick client will not be logged.

Thanks,

Roland Pates

Much better answer than mine Man Very Happy

jhorber
MEGA
MEGA

Hello rbpatesmega

For this kind of information, it is important to consider the supervision logs.

If the SSP component is installed (by defaut with Web Front-End), supervision feature is activated.

Supervision feature generates supervision logs in a text file (SSPSPRVSMM-DD-YY.txt, one file a day).

This logs contains various events, in particular

• RepositorySessionConnect: sucessful connection
  • RepositorySessionClose: sucessful disconnection

It is recommended to setup supervision feature and analyse supervision logs

It is more reliable and more powerful. You can track various events for various Windows/web clients provide they use the same installation (same SSP).

See also:

User manual MEGA Administration - Supervisor, Section 'Managing events'

http://community.mega.com/mega/attachments/mega/HOPEXV1R2/11/196/MEGA%20Administration%20-%20Supervi...

Jerome

lionel
MEGA
MEGA

Hello,

I'm not aware of such a possibility.

You can trigger a macro when dispatching (more infomations here : http://community.mega.com/mega/attachments/mega/740/8/68/All%20about%20starting%20with%20APIs.pdf --> search for RunJobBeforeDispatch in the pdf), but, as far as I know, there is no possibilty to trigger a macro when user discards its transaction or save it for later.

Regards

Lionel