cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you change an Applications Importance (virtual MetaAttribute)

DLawrie
Super Contributor

Does anyone know what affects the importance value (primary, secondary, elementry) of applications and how to set these. With the value being displayed in query tables and our applications being divided into importance categories it seems a waste that we do not know how to set it. I see no reference on what values influance this virtual attribute. All help greatly appreciated.

8 Replies

clairestrebM_T
Super Contributor

What is important one minute might be important in another.  For example, one minute importance might be Business Value, but in another it might be Technical Efficiency, and in another it might be a combination of the two.  At a few companies, I have established KPIs that dasboards and reports help to answer.  Our users can choose the KPI they are interested in and filter by various criteria.

@DLawrie, ROTFLMAO (not at you, but at MEGA's response)

I have just had feed back from support on this as below.

After asking the R&D (and Product management) this column "importance" is hard code and you can't this value, more than this this column is not useful regarding them. It'sa bug that this column is displayed.

You should be able to request a User ID and Password to access: 1) Your DEV server, hosted by Mega 2) The thick Windows client/Studio - on that DEV server You'll also need to ensure that your network / security team has not blocked the RDP protocol - so that you can connect to your DEV server via the Windows RDP Client. You may also need to provide a static IP address/range to Mega to ensure that you can access the DEV server from your Windows RDP client. I would also suggest having a Webex session with your Mega Professional Services consultant - and record the session so that you have it as a handy training reference - as they walk you through how to use the thick client - and where to find things.
Enterprise Architect, World Traveler, Intrepid Sailor
Personal Motto: "Have Passport, Will Travel"
Company Motto: "Accelerate - Innovate - Elevate"

(see my latest reply below)

Hi Kelvin, thank you for taking the time ot respond. We are on the Hopexcloud environment 2.1 update 3 with just the web front end, so we have no access to the the thick client. I am sure someone from MEGA will be keen to share how this can be achieved in their flagship product offering.

kelvinmeeks
Super Contributor
As a virtual element, I suspect the value is being set by a VBScript Macro - so if you have access to the thick client/Studio - you can view that source code associated to the element - and verify how the value is being computed in your specific implementation.

DLawrie
Super Contributor

I have found no reference to application importance in the manuals of the dictionary. Just that it is a virtual meta attribute. However I have noticed those discussions with a reply tend to get a significantly higher number or views, so I have added this reply to encourage more views and hopefully the sippit of information which will help in setting an value somewhere which in turn will change the importance setting for applications (and the importance of other metaclasses).