cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hopex: Set default "Shapes Version" when creating new diagram

dvanhoegaerden
Super Contributor

Hi,

When Creating a new diagram in Hopex, the "Shapes Version" property is set to "From Hopex V1R3" by default.

Is there a way to change this default value?

I've tried to change the "default Internal value" in the properties of the MetaAttribute "Shape Version", and then compiled the environment.
But this causes a "permission error" when I try to create a new diagram :

Shapes Version.png

regards,

7 Replies

The same can also be achieved if you set the InitialAnsiValue with the same value on the Update Version MetaAttribute, maybe more correct since the Shape Version is a calculated attribute ?

dvanhoegaerden
Super Contributor

If found the solution to be much easier.

You can set the default shape,

NOT by setting the "Default Internal Value"-property,

BUT by setting to "InitialANSIValue"-property

of the MetaAttribute-object "Shapes Version".

Shapes Version.png

You can lookup the correct internal using "explorer" on this MetaAttribute:

MetaAttribute Shapes Version.png

A compilation of the environment is required after changing this property.

I've tested this, and it seems to work fine.

regards,

Danny

dvanhoegaerden
Super Contributor

We are upgrading from Mega2009 to the latest version of Mega (Hopex V1R3CP11).

I don't mind a change in shape version when upgrading, as long as it is consistent. But that is the problem  :

Now, My existing diagrams have shape version "from Mega2009", while new diagrams have shape version "from Hopex V1R3".

This is an issue for my end-users.

The upgrade scenario does not handle the shape-version of existing diagrams automatically.

According to KB00005714, this has to be handled manually (although I guess, I could write an API-script).

In my personal opinion, I like the older shapes more (but I guess that's just a matter of taste); so my preferred solution is to change the default-shapes-version to "from Mega2009"

I will try the solution Jerome mentioned in this thread, and will post the result.

Regards, and thanks for sharing,

Danny

Not if the would like to keep the look and feel for diagrams for a little longer, while getting the benefits of the V1R3

Hello hsoegaard 

Change of look and feel is the a significant part of V1R3

If customers do not want these changes, it is better they remain in V1R2.

Jerome

Hi,

I think the question is more - is it possible to set the Shape Version to "From MEGA 2009" as a default when operating in Hopex V1R3 - so to keep the shape version from Hopex V1R2 ? Clients may have updated to Hopex V1R3 but they are not ready to change to the new shapes, for a lot of reasons, eg. updating of training material etc.

jhorber
MEGA
MEGA

Hello dvanhoegaerden

The MetaAttribute 'Shapes Version' is computed (_AtNature=Virtual).

The MetaAttribute that matters 'Update Version'.

For an installation in HOPEX V1R2-V1R3 CP8.0 or higher CP 

To get the look of HOPEX V1R3 (Shape version = From Hopex V1R3), the value expected for 'Update Version' is 30208.

Changing the default value for 'Update Version' has not been tested.

Jerome