cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOPEX export to ITSM tools

CWaltking
Super Contributor

Hello everybody,

One of my clients would like to know if there is a standard interface between HOPEX Process BPMN and ITSM tools such as BMC, ServiceNow or Matrix42 including diagrams. The idea is to do modelling in MEGA HOPEX and then to transfer the processes, including diagrams into the other ITSM tool.

Who can help?
Christoph

2 Replies

Hi Kelvin,

Thank you very much for your detailed reply. I think we will try option A first. 🙂

Best regards,
Christoph

@kelvinmeeks  a écrit :

[...] 

A. With respect to diagrams, you should be able to export the business process flows as BPMN files - and if your target system supports importing BPMN files - that may be the easiest path to passing diagrams. 
[...]

kelvinmeeks
Super Contributor

Based on my experience working with a Mega cloud hosted instance of V2R1U3, to date (2017-2018) - there are no out-of-the-box automated interfaces to exchange Mega information with any external third-party systems (e.g. ServiceNow)

Here are some possible options to consider:

A. With respect to diagrams, you should be able to export the business process flows as BPMN files - and if your target system supports importing BPMN files - that may be the easiest path to passing diagrams. 

B. There is a new feature available (V2R1U3, via patch) that can support export/import of ArchiMate v3.0 standard file format - so, if you are creating any ArchiMate diagrams - this may be a viable strategy. 

C. You could define a dataset - and then expose data in that dataset via the out-of-the-box Web Service API capabilities (however, there are no facilities that I'm aware of - at this time - to support an automated, out-bound, API call to an external third-party system - to keep external systems in sync - as events occur / data changes in Mega).  As far as I know, there is no support out-of-the-box to retrieve a diagram via an API (e.g. HTTPS GET) - however, ...see (E) below.

D. You could define a custom export format - and then manually export data for delivery to third-party system - and if you wanted to establish a round-trip data synch - define additional custom fields to store the desired data attributes that would be received from the third-party system (as well as a unique ID from that system, as well).  As far as I know, I believe exporting diagrams is not supported via a custom export format definition.  

E. You could design and implement a custom web service, using the Hopex SDK - but then you will be responsible for maintaining that code - as the platform evolves in the future.  In my reading of the Hopex SDK documentation - I recall seeing reference to methods that allow you to generate a diagram image - which, in theory, could then be BASE64 encoded - and passed in the response, to an HTTPS GET.  I would suspect that you could also get the meta data export of the descriptive information about a diagram's construction (depending on the diagram notation used in the modeling, e.g. UML/XMI, BPMN, or ArchiMate)

You may wish to add your Like/vote for the entries submitted in the Mega Community - which have been previously submitted to request that Mega implement CRUD support for business object-level Web Service APIs, as part of the core Hopex product.

Enterprise Architect, World Traveler, Intrepid Sailor
Personal Motto: "Have Passport, Will Travel"
Company Motto: "Accelerate - Innovate - Elevate"