cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Debug in Eclipse

SKumar
Super Contributor

I have followed instructions from 'Mega Creating mega Plugins with java'.pdf but I am not able to debug.

I am attempting to setup my workspace for debugging.  I have setup my debugging options in Mega, and use the same port in Eclipse to debug. As shown in my image, the remote VM>connection is refused.

11 Replies

Often when you have this error is because the report template is no more aligned with the report. Just delete the report and create it again from the report template.

Claudio Pucci

SKumar
Super Contributor

P

yahooooooo! It works! Thanks a lot! So XPDL is the way to go to start the JVM 🙂

Here is the reason I am doing all this: I have a report template that has just one chapter, which calls a Java Macro -which was written by me.

Unfortunately, when I run my report: Error: The report is not valid. For more details, run the reports modeling rules.

Where do I start to look? Where are the logs located?

I am so eager to be able to get the report to call my macro, but something is not gelling 🙂

-s

As a new intern, I'm not sure to know the official way to start the JVM, but I know one that works perfectly.

In MEGA : 

File > Export > XPDL ( last option ). Then, there's a window appearing, but you can cancel it, because this option starts the JVM, and that just what you need.

It's a strange way to start it, but it works and for the moment I don't know another one.

No problem about the help, that's the purpose of this forum 😉

Patrick Bobo

SKumar
Super Contributor

P

You say I shld have Java running in mega - how do I do that? If its just the first check box from below image  (Java Debugging option), I have it running!

Or is there something else I need to do? I am thinking that Mega JVM needs to be started, but how do I achieve that?

Thanks again for all the help! I totally kudo and apprciate it!

-S

Oh, ok. 

So if you set it like on the following picture, with 1044 as address in Debugging option : 

Screen.PNG

Then in Eclipse > Debug > Debug Configurations > Remotable Java Application > New 

You create your new configuration for debugging, linked to your Java plugin. In the settings of this configuraton, you set 1044 as the port, and it should work.

Then, when you want to use the debug, you must have Java running in MEGA (it's not by default).

I hope it helps.

Patrick Bobo

SKumar
Super Contributor

P

Both the Eclipse and Mega are deployed on the same VM.

-S

Hi again, 

Sorry, I hadn't got the whole problem. The thing is that you're using Eclipse on your computer and you want it to use the debug with MEGA which is installed on the VM, right ?

If so, it's an unusual configuration. We usally install Eclipse and MEGA on the same so we can use the debug easilly. I must admit that don't know if you can use the debug in your configuration. 

I hope someone can help you with it, but I can't. Sorry !

Good luck with this.

Patrick Bobo

SKumar
Super Contributor

I changed it back to 1044 - but i still dont see it listed under ports that are being listened to - I can find out all ports that are being listened to by doing a netstat /a

Hi,

Did you set the port on 1044 ? MEGA Is listening this one for sure.

Regards

Patrick Bobo

SKumar
Super Contributor

J

After performing netsta /a, I see that Mega is not listening on the port - looks like the JVM is not even started inside Mega. I tried another port - but its the same!

Support time?

-S