Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Scenario Diagrams

SarahMx
Administrator
Administrator

Application Scenario Diagrams.png

Scenario diagrams enable application architects to depict the same application in multiple contexts or scenarios. With these diagrams, application interfaces are described in a simple manner by representing all flows between applications. To simplify diagram representations even further, interactions can be grouped into one single flow set.

Sarah
11 Replies

BenAvdicevic
Honored Contributor

Just to be clear.

This type of 3 layers of diagrams within diagrams can be created with HOPEX natively, correct?

You didn't use Power Point or some photo editing tool to create above visual, correct ?

It is a mash-up of various diagrams.

BenAvdicevic
Honored Contributor

@ilvetz ,

So not created with HOPEX alone.  An external tool was used to create above diagram-in-diagram view.  

@SarahMx it would be good if that was more clear from the original post.

PBessodes
MEGA
MEGA

Hello,

@ilvetz @BenAvdicevic 

No mash-up there.

You can always replace an object shape by one of its describing diagram in any diagram, allowing to produce multi-level diagrams.

In example above :

• IT Service "Specific Monthly Data Layout" shape was replaced by one of its diagrams in "Pay Management" diagram.
  • IT Service "Pay Management" shape was replaced by previous diagrams in "Payroll" diagram
  • etc.

To replace an object shape by one of its describing diagram, select this option on the contextual menu of object in diagram. Example :

PBessodes_0-1668780486640.png

Regards,

@PBessodes Perfect! that is the what I was looking for.  This is a really useful feature in HOPEX.

ilvetz
Super Contributor

Thanks @PBessodes . I've never seen that option in the contextual menu. I'll check with support team.

BenAvdicevic
Honored Contributor

@PBessodes can you clarify if this option is only for "scenario" type diagram.

Can this be done with "structure" diagrams.  

For example:

• In Application Environment diagram
    • To show the internal structure of the "subject" application
    • To show the internal structure of a "partner" application

I confirmed. This also works on structure diagrams

asephg
MEGA Partner
MEGA Partner

Hi all, do we have updated version for this, especially for V5 ITA diagram taxonomy? Thanks!