cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Script to change Writing access area of many objects to many access areas

mustafahajjar

I need to change writing access area of 500+ Software Installations to their corresponding Application's writing access area, there are around 76 writing access areas .  What's the best way to go about it?

5 Replies

Thanks hsoegaard,

This worked for me 🙂

Note you will need to be assigned with a Supervisor license (SUP) to be able to see the writing access areas. 

Change of Writing Access Areas can also be changed using HOPEX Administrator in the web client for single or multiple objects. It is a little quirky to find, but it is there and it works (at least we have been using it in both V3 and V4). If you go down to "Person by Writng Access Area" you can add objects also. If you click on the Writing Access Area icon to get the pop-up menu, you will find a menu called "Propogating of writing access area to associated occurences". Select the menu and you will now change, with propogation, all the objects you have added to that writing access area. 

AKhan
New Contributor

Hi,

I have the same issue, and I don't have access to the Windows client. Is there any way to change the writing access areas of software installations from web front-end?

I do have both Hopex Administrator and Hopex Customizer profiles assigned to me.

DMiddleton
Retired

IN the Windows client ther is a Tool.

Go to Tools -> Manage -> Protect objects.  You can then use a query to select a group of objects to assign to a Writing Access Area, may still take a few queries to get it all done.