cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to see recently deleted objects?

BenAvdicevic
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Does HOPEX Admin have any ability to see (identify) recently deleted objects in the repository ?

For example,   we often get users who say something like "I think someone deleted my object" because I can't find see it in my diagram any longer.

I know we can look at diagram and object history.

But - is there something simpler.  Like a "Trash bin" concept in Windows.  A collection of recently deleted objects.

Is this possible to do in hopex?

If not - is there a ERQL query that I can be run ?

3 Replies

Hi Ben, Yes, it is common to do that. You can turn off Delete in the Options (Under the Repository tab). This can be done for the Environment or for a Profile.

Easy to turn of at the Environment level and then just grant delete on a Profile for your admin(s).

The Admin should actually review what is requested to be deleted to ensure that nothing else gets deleted by mistake - maybe use Explore on the object but this can be a bit time consuming. 

BenAvdicevic
Honored Contributor

@DaveM  Thanks so much for this feedback.

I see you are a Mega Partner.  So, I'm guessing you've seen quite a few deployments.   

Would you say disabling Delete option for all - except admin users - is a "common" approach to prevent accidental deletions. 

To me - approach seems reasonable.   Should be fairly strait forward to implement:

• Hopex profile (e.g. IT Architect) can be configured to disable "D" operation of CRUD
  • Tags work out of box - just need to agree on standard tag to use 
  • Admin Profile - we already have existing one.  Using tags to identify objects - we can bulk delete - on any given cadence (e.g. weekly or monthly )

DaveM
Super Contributor

Hi Ben, deleting an object does exactly that - deletes it and all its history (once it is dispatched).

You can check the Log file if logging is turned on but that is about it.

This is the reason for disabling Delete for most users  - just flag items or Tag them for the admin to Delete - they can then be exported to an MGR file and stored in case they are needed in the future.