cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regulation Framework or Regulatory Framework

hcontreras
Super Contributor

I found two objects very similar in HOPEX documentation:

Regulatory Framework:  is an authority document falling under any of following categories: regulations (rules of law that, if not followed, can result in penalties), guidelines, standards, best practices. Regulatory Framework can be structured in Regulation article, Regulation section, and  Control Directive

Regulation Framework: is a set of directives, compulsory or not, defined by a government in a law, by standard bodies as "best practices" or as an internal policy in an organization. Regulation Framework can be structured in requirement and subrequirement.

Which object is better to implement a complex compliance system in HOPEX V4? 

With IRM license I only have access to Regulation Framework object. Which license is necessary to use Regulatory Framework?

Thanks in advanced

3 Replies

mimperiali
MEGA
MEGA

Hi Hugo,

Indeed the new concepts have been introduced and partially exposed in HOPEX IRM in V4, but it's only starting from V5 that the user interface is fully updated to exploit them. In the V4 standard IRM desktop, there's no page from which you can create these new concepts. Obviously, if you decide to create this page in your custom desktop, you will be able to start using the new MM already in V4 with an IRM license.

Mike

hcontreras
Super Contributor

Thanks Mike

I'm not sure about 'In V4 you should still use the old Regulation Framework concept' because in HOPEX V4 IRM documentation are included the objects Regulatory framework, Regulation article, Regulation section and Control Directive as part of IRM/Internal Control/UCF https://doc.mega.com/hopex-v4-en/#page/IRM/Internal_Control/UCF.Mapping_and_Concepts.html  Maybe is an omision in the HOPEX documentation refer that IRM users need an Information Architecture license to be able to use this objects, or exist one alternative to use them in HOPEX V4 IRM

mimperiali
MEGA
MEGA

Hi Hugo,

Indeed. The Regulatory Framework concept has been introduced in V4 by the Information Architecture  team to replace the Regulation Framework one which has several misconceptions that had to be properly addressed. However, for IRM, Regulatory Frameworks and the MM which is built around them are only exploitable starting from V5. In V4 you should still use the old Regulation Framework concept, knowing that in V5 a conversion wizard has been put in place to help you move towards the new concept. Here is the article in the doc which provides further info on the matter: https://doc.mega.com/hopex-v5-en/#page/IRM/GRC_Common_Features/GRCFunctAdmin.Reusing_Regulation_Data...

Please do not hesitate to come back to me if you have any further question.

Mike