cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special characters on specific MetaClass

Solved
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Special characters on specific MetaClass

Hello,

 

I create a Metaclass. Its name is created by a macro with concatenated 2 other metaclasses.

Example:

 - I have one site named APN-Antoine

 - I have one application named Mega

My new object will be named APNMega.

My macro concatenated a my field is declared as substitute of new Metaclass name.

My matter is that when I generate my website or when I launch a request, specific character appears at the end of my name.

I obtain: APNMegaNê@Ïð

Could you help me?

Thanks in advance

Antoine

6 Replies
MEGA

Re: Special characters on specific MetaClass

Hello Antoine,

 

I tried to do the same and had no problem with "strange" characters.

We need to see how you wrote your macro for the metaAttribute that substitute the name of your new metaclass to see if we can help you :-) (I guess your new metaclass is linked to Application)

 

Regards,

 

Lionel

Occasional Contributor

Re: Special characters on specific MetaClass

Hello,

 

here is my code

Sub GetAttributeValue(ByVal object, ByVal AttId, Value)

    Dim objectName
    Dim objectoIA

    objectName = Cstr(Left(object.GetProp("~A)iO7FsBH1(3[Site]", "External"), 3))
  objectoIA = Cstr(object.GetProp("~biSSBEtBHfJC[o-Industrial Activity]", "External"))

    Value = Cstr(objectName & objectoIA)

End sub

MEGA

Re: Special characters on specific MetaClass

Well, it seems I was all wrong.

I thought you had created a new metaclass linked to application, and the name of each object created was the concatenation of the name of the application and of the name of the site of the application...

 

Is seem that "Site" and "o-Industrial Activity" are metaAttributes of your new metaclass. Am I right ?

 

First of all, you should not call a metaAttribute "Site" since it is already the name of an existing metaclass. In some cases, it can cause touble...

 

Then, can you please attach an mgr file containing an export of your new metaclass (with its metaAttributes) ?

 

Lionel

 

NB : the "Cstr" is useless in your code :-)

Occasional Contributor

Re: Special characters on specific MetaClass

Hello,

 

please find an export.

 

Antoine

MEGA

Re: Special characters on specific MetaClass

Hello,

 

I think that all your problems come from the fact that "o-site activity code" metaAttribute is a MetaAssociation MetaAttribute.

And that makes it quite impossible to manage as a calculated MetaAttribute if you want to use the "object" parameter in your macro. Indeed, you will have an error message each time you access properties of a "o-site activity" if you browse the link the wrong way (or when you did not browse a link at all, like if you try to access properties from the result of a query, since this metaAttribut substitutes the name !)

 

Then, using "object.getProp("~A)iO7FsBH1(3[Site]"), when not giving you an error message, will give you the absolute identifier of the site, and not the name. 

 

 

Regards,

 

Lionel

MEGA

Re: Special characters on specific MetaClass

Hello Antoine,

 

it seems I was wrong and you have no metaAssociation Attribute...

So, it should work without any strange characters Smiley Happy

 

Your export file is not complete so it is not possible for me to tell you why it does not work, but you will find in attachment the parameterization I used. It works fine for me.

--> import the file in a test environment, and compare my parameterization to yours to find where the problem comes from.

 

Regards

 

Lionel

 

PS : I used MEGA 2009 SP4 CP13