Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retriving sErrorReport/diagnosis from a Modeling Rule in VBScript

Solved
Highlighted
Contributor

Retriving sErrorReport/diagnosis from a Modeling Rule in VBScript

I am running a modeling rule using the follwoing code:

oRule = getRoot().getObjectFromID("~bIGR5)c0NrZQ['On Premises' type Applications should have recommended assocations]")
oToBeRuled = getRoot().getObjectFromID("~IUnzipl2MzJ)[VSP]")

print oRule.getProp("Short Name")
print oToBeRuled.GetProp("Short Name")

sResult = ""
sResult = oRule.RuleApply(oToBeRuled)

print sResult

This works fine however i am not able to figure out how to get the error report when a modeling rule fails.  The modeling rule macro was setup as follows:

Option Explicit

Sub RuleAppliableIs (oToBeRuled, oRule, sParameter, bRuleAppliableIs)

bRuleAppliableIs = false

if oToBeRuled.getProp("Cloud Computing") = "1OP" then
    bRuleAppliableIs = true
  End if

end sub

Sub RuleWithReportApply (oToBeRuled, oRule, sParameters, bRuleResult, sErrorReport)	

bRuleResult = false

if oToBeRuled.GetCollection("Server").count > 0 And oToBeRuled.GetCollection("Site").count > 0 And oToBeRuled.GetCollection("Used Technology").count > 0 And oToBeRuled.GetCollection("Required Technical Infrastructure").count > 0 then
				bRuleResult = true
      else
		  sErrorReport = "Missing one or all of following associations : Server,Site,Used Technology,Required Technical Infrastructure"
    End if

end sub

When you right click on an object and you run check --> regulation with propgation it prints out sErrorReport.

part1.jpg

part2.jpg

I tried to find this report to see how it was implemented but it seems that is is part of a dll somewhere.  So is there anyway to get this informaiton about a fialed modeling rule from the API?

5 Replies
MEGA

Re: Retriving sErrorReport/diagnosis from a Modeling Rule in VBScript

Hello FM_MEGA

If I understand, you want to apply a modeling rule using API script and get the text result in case of success or failure

You can use this to get the text result in case of failure

oRule.GetProp("~vxKaP7Pu0z80[When rule is not valid] ","Display")

Script example (VB script)

Set oApp = GetObjectFromId("~X2n9DT2rMzMN[A01]")
Set oRule = GetObjectFromID("~o6OrCgnB2fp2[An application cannot be a component of itself]")

' to get a boolea result

Print oRule.RuleApply(oApp)

' to get a text if rule applies successfully

Print oRule.GetProp("~Sts8Kcqg1D80[Rule Description]","Display")

' to get a text if rule application fails

Print oRule.GetProp("~vxKaP7Pu0z80[When rule is not valid] ","Display")

Jerome
Contributor

Thanks for responding but I tried that and it dosen't work.  It will only print the attribute value as you can see below:

wrongStuff.PNG

wrongStuff2.PNG

What I'm trying to get is from the implementing macro that is connected to the modeling rule

WhatIneed.PNG

This shows up in the regulation report

Contributor

The regulation report is able to show this information.  Is there any other way to get this information ?

MEGA

Hello,

I think you need to call the macro :

oRule = getRoot().getObjectFromID("~bIGR5)c0NrZQ['On Premises' type Applications should have recommended assocations]")
oToBeRuled = getRoot().getObjectFromID("~IUnzipl2MzJ)[VSP]")
Set myMacro = CurrentEnvironment.getMacro(oRule.getCollection("~d)mXIQv51vy0[Macro d'implementation]").item(1).shortname)
Call myMacro.RuleWithReportApply(oToBeRuled, oRule, sParameters, bRuleResult, sErrorReport)

print oRule.getProp("Short Name")
print oToBeRuled.GetProp("Short Name")
print bRuleResult
print sErrorReport

Regards,

Lionel

Contributor

Thank you.  This seems to work.  Now that I have a working example in VB i think i can implement this in Java.  I do have one more quesiton.   Not all modeling rules use RuleWithReportApply some just use RuleApply and others don't implement Macro's they use MetaTest.  Is there a way to test to make sute the RuleWithReportApply method has been implemented?