Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picture Condition & Non Tabulated MetaAttribute

Solved
Highlighted
MEGA

Picture Condition & Non Tabulated MetaAttribute

<script id="F5_watermark" type="text/javascript"></script> <script type="text/javascript">// try{F5_flush(document);}catch(e){} // </script>

Hello,

I need help with Conditions in MEGA (as Picture Condition : see joined screenshot).

I do not understand how I can add a condition on a non tabulated MetaAttribute ("short name" for example).

If I choose such an attribute, in the "Value" column I have no possibility to type a value.

Can someone tell me how to do this ? And can someone explain to me what the different values stand for ("DefaultValue", "&ThisObject"...) ?

Thanks in advance ! Smiley Happy

Lionel

<script id="F5_watermark" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script id="F5_watermark" type="text/javascript"></script> <script type="text/javascript">// try{F5_flush(document);}catch(e){} // </script> <script id="F5_watermark" type="text/javascript"></script>
2 Replies
Contributor

Re: Picture Condition & Non Tabulated MetaAttribute

Hi Lionel!

If you click on "Operator" value, then double-click on "Value" value, you can enter a customized value.

However, you cannot enter a pattern such as "test#".

Therefore, only objects which match exactly the entered short name will be taken into account.

Nevertheless, you can create a registered query such as Select [Business Process] Where [Name] &name And [Short Name] Like "Risk#" to take into account every business process whose short name begins with "Risk".

Then, you can define a condition with Type = Query and Value = OneObject or AnyObject.

Regarding to proposed values, my guess is:

- DefaultValue: default value of considered attribute

- &DescribedObject: object described by current diagram (only avalaible from DiagramTypeObject)

- &ThisObject: current object (only avalaible from DiagramTypeObject)

I think &DescribedObject and &ThisObject are meant to be used in Conditions of type Query or AssociationEnd.

However, they seem to work with Absolute Identifier attribute, but not with Name nor Short Name.

Sergueï

MEGA

Re: Picture Condition & Non Tabulated MetaAttribute

<script id="F5_watermark" type="text/javascript"></script> <script type="text/javascript">// try{F5_flush(document);}catch(e){} // </script>

As incredible as it seems to be, it works Smiley Very Happy Thanks !

<script id="F5_watermark" type="text/javascript"></script>