We need to add a Text MetaAttribute to the MetaClass User (it will contain per-user custom settings)
Copying the settings from the MetaAttribute _Settings or MetaAttribute Comment both didn't properly function:
Edits to the Property were not saved and API-Access threw a MegaException with error code 80004005 and no error text.
- What does this error code mean?
- How can we properly create such a MetaAttribute?
The requirements are:
- The Attribute must be attached to a MegaUser
- The text must support line breaks and ideally show up in the "Text"-Tab of the User properties
- It must be editable by Administrators without starting Administration.exe
Solved! Go to Solution.
Adding a text attribute you do that by creatign a new metaattribute and specify the type of the metaattribute to be VarChar.
Go to MetaStudio in MEGA => look for the User MetaClass =>Right Click => New MetaAttribute. Go to the properties of this MetaAttribute and set it's type to VarChar. This will make it end up in the text tab.
Anyone will be able to edit the field, also administrators if they have access to the property. You don't need to be in the admin tool.
What is the purpose of the custom settings per user?
We did exactly that with an existing String Attriubte (changed to VarChar, but it didn't work). Deleting and re-creating as you described worked.
The purpose are various configuration settings. For example our Java-Plugin uses this to determine the preferred colour palette for analysis reports.