we are trying to create a new MetaAssociation between a custom MetaClass and the MetaClass „Entity (DM)“. The straightforward way did not work, showing an error Message
“Invalid definition of "NewMetaAssociation" you need to connect a macro to this MetaAssociation”. We have found this old article: http://community.mega.com/t5/Technical-Product/Error-when-creating-a-new-meta-Association-between-2-...
However the solution given does not work for MEGA 2009 SP 5 Patch 8, although stated in the corresponding KB-Article http://community.mega.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/mega-kb-solution?sid=50120000000mqi7AAA
There are two problems: Firstly the MetaClass “Class” doesn’t exist, so it can’t be connected; we have found “_Class”, though. Secondly, even after connecting everything else as stated (Only using “_Class” instead of the non-existent “Class” MetaClass), the error Message still appears and the problem remains unsolved.
Is there an updated way to extend the MetaModel to include a new MetaAssociation to a new MetaClass from the MetaClass “Entity (DM)”?
Please read it if it can help you :
Thanks for your reply.
The error has disappeared somehow and everything works fine.
Note that the MetaClass “Class” is hidden from the UI, we were able to find it by “Creating” a new MetaClass named “Class” on a MetaModel diagram and clicking “connect”.
Is there a way to “Unhide” the MetaClass from, for example the query view?
if you are talking about MEGA licenses, yes.
The only abnormality is that the MetaClass “Class” is not displayed by default (The Query tools’ status bar indicates a hidden result for the query SELECT [MetaClass] WHERE [Name] = “Class”, and 0 visible results)
I can confirme that the MetaClass 'Class' exists.
I do not know why it is hidden in you context.
To go further please open a case with technical support.
You can use this form.
I am having the same issue attempting to connect Business Process to Entity (DM). I went to your suggested solution, but am unsure of exactly what to do, below are my questions.
Additionally, the reason I started looking into this was because a custom tab added by an admin who left the company was not working. The page showed up and I didn't get the error message noted in this thread but, the connect capability is disabled.
Here is the code for the page: