cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

additional informatio​n to be displayed for an object in a given diagram type : FOLLOW-UP Question

Contributor

additional informatio​n to be displayed for an object in a given diagram type : FOLLOW-UP Question

Hello,

Now that I have managed to add the Protocole attribute to my Message on the Technical Infrastructure Diagram, I'm trying to display the message as either a solid or dotted line with the protocolein the middle of the line, in the place of the name which is not important at this level.

I modified the TAD Message to take out the Name attribute. I created different forms where I specifiy a field just for the protocole (the position of the field is the same as the one defined for the name field in a standard message), and DiagramTypeLink Styles specifically for each type of line I want to use.

When I create a message graphically, the name is not displayed, but I have a feeling the field is there somewhere on the form (the line is not a continuous one) and the protocole is displayed to the left of the space. When I try to move the protocole into the space between the lines, all this does it move BOTH the protocole AND the lines (cf attached files -1 and -2).

Does anyone have any ideas on what step I'm missing out on ?

Thanks for your help,

Aoife