Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versio management 2009 sp5 r7

Solved
Highlighted
New Contributor

Versio management 2009 sp5 r7

Hi,

Where can I find more information about version management in Mega 2009 sp5 r7, more than the release notes in this pdfLike, a help files, how to documents, screensshots, ....

Is it possible to branch a set of objects in Mega, do changes in the new branch and when I'm finished, publish the change of the new branch to the main objects?

Greetings,

Dieter

3 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Version management 2009 sp5 r7

Hi,

it seems that my question is not  'easy' to answer or my question is not clear.

When I was reading the release notes of Mega 2009 sp5 r7, I was happy that 'version management' is one of the new features. But, I would like more information about version management, not only the 'sales' content. So, where can I find information about this topic?

Greetings,

Dieter

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hello Dieter,

I hope this answer does not come to late and that it will help.

You can find a little more on versioning in MEGA Help:

Handling Repository Objects > Object Versions > Creating an Object Version

Regards,

Tags (1)
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hello,

As you said, the information in Mega help is verry  short and because I'm not an expert it would be nice that I could get more detailled information, like demomovie, screenshots,.... We are using Mega 2009 SP5 patch 8 Release 6, so it is not possible to known what is new in release 7.

In design (functional and technical) we are using UML as modelling language. When the first version of our design is finished, we would like to mark/label use case, diagrams, sequence diagrams, ... a bunch of Mega objects as version 1.0. Afterwards, we want to branch the labeled objects to version 2.0. Now we have two versions in Mega, v 1.0 and v 2.0. It must be possible to make changes on v1.0 and v2.0. It would be nice that we could merge versions.  It's actually the same way of working as .NET developer with Microsft Team Foundation server. 

So, is this possible in Mega?

Greetings,

Dieter

Tags (1)