Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating folders?

SOLVED
Tom
Occasional Contributor

Creating folders?

Hi,

Trying to manage my repository by creating new/custom folders structure, but unfortunately IM still not able to know how to create new folders from objects or via any  other approaches, are there some settings to enable creating new/customized folders?Also not sure if I will be able to move diagrams across folders. I'll appreciate any help. Thanks

4 REPLIES
MEGA

Re: Creating folders?

Hi,

it's not clear.... where do you try  to create these folders? can you send me a screenshot? more explanations will be appreciated

Mohamed

Tom
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it

I'm planning to customize my repository as follows:

1- Create at minimum 5 folders (Business, Application, Data, Technology, and Security)

2- Under each domain I need to create more custom folders such as as-is and to-be

I'm still confused in which tab/window I should create these folders.

Thanks

Contributor

Hi Tom,

Based on my understanding, MetaTree might be what you are looking for. You need Mega Studio license to access it:

- Go to menu View / Navigation Windows / MetaStudio

- Under MetaStudio tab, expan "MetaTree"

There, you can create new navigation tree, or extend the existing "Standard navigation" according to your requirement.

Highlighted
MEGA

Hi,

You need to create your own MetaTree objects to manage / create your folders and objects.

There is a chapter in the MetaStudio document "CREATING NAVIGATION TREE BRANCHES" where it's explained in details how to perform such customizations.

Mohamed