cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to generate a report from multiple objects

Contributor

Best way to generate a report from multiple objects

Hi, 

I have created multiple org-units and each org-units has a One-Page Organizational Chart  Diagram linked to it. 

Ex: 

Org-Unit 1

Organization Chart 1

Org-Unit 1a

Organization Chart 1A

Org-Unit 1a1

Org-Unit 1a2

Org-Unit 1a3

Org-Unit 1b

Org-Unit 1c

Org-Unit 2

Organization Chart 2

Org-Unit 2a

Org-Unit 2b

Org-Unit 2c

I would like to generate a document containing all the Organizational charts within the same document (each page being a different Org-Unit). Can be a PDF or a Word, doesn't matter. From my example: I would like to have a report containing Organization Chart 1, Organization Chart 1a and Organization Chart 2 (3 pages).

Right now, I have to print each diagram in a PDF and then re-assemble them using a PDF editor tool. Is there any way to group all diagrams within the same report?

I have tried creating a new Word Report Template, but I can only get one object in the report, I have not found a way to report on multiple objects using this feature. 

Any ideas on how I could get this done?

Thanks!

Simon

3 Replies
MEGA

Re: Best way to generate a report from multiple objects

Hello Simon,

you can easily do this with a "recursive" RTF Descriptor (Word) (a descriptor calling itself)

Your descriptor should look like this :

orgchart.png

I do not know if you still have the problem since your question is from last december, but I hope that helps !

Regards

Lionel

Contributor

Hi,

Yes the question is still valid but I'm not familiar with the RTF reporting at all... can you point any documentation to help me start my first report using this? 

Thanks,

Simon

MEGA

Sorry Simon, I missed your question.

You need to read the technical article called "Hopex Studio - Publisher" :

http://community.mega.com/mega/attachments/mega/HOPEXV1R2/10/65/HOPEX%20Studio.pdf