cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I assess business continuity?

clairestrebM_T
Super Contributor

I have a list of applications and services with their downstream and upstream dependencies.  Each has an RTO.  We also know if the dependent (upstream) app/svc needs to be up before our app, and how long we need to get up and running after the dependendent app is ready.  That way we can make sure that DependentAppRTO + TimeToGetUpAndRunning is less than or equal to our RTO.  How can I use MEGA/HOPEX to help me with this?

2 Replies

Are you currently capturing the RTO and amount of time needed to get up and running in HOPEX? If so, you could create a calculated MetaAttribute on the Application metaclass, with a macro behind it that would determine whether or not the application's RTO is achievable based on the RTO of the application(s) it depends on. Essentially from the Application, the macro would loop through all of the assets it depends on, and use your formula to determine whether the RTO is achievable. The result would be displayed in the MetaAttribute. Then you can query/report on it, display it on a diagram, etc. 

clairestrebM_T
Super Contributor

I made a dependency graph (see attached), but the calculations would be manual.  Is there any way to automate the calculations in MEGA/HOPEX?