At this year’s Forrester Forum for Technology Management Leaders, May 5-6 in Orlando, FL, the buzz was about harnessing the emerging world of digital.
It’s here, it’s amazing, but it’s going to take some getting used to … but when you do, it’s going to be better on the other side.
Let’s look at 5 takeaways that will equip you with just a little more as you make your way down the digital path:
- Be ready to assess digital readiness: Of over 1,200 executives surveyed by Forrester, 19% of organizations have the necessary technology to execute digital strategy. 15% have the necessary people and skills. Work with your teams to get an understanding of the current state of your organization—identify and manage your strengths and gaps.
- Know your capabilities: An effective digital strategy addresses the needs of both the business and customer ecosystems. Bridging the gap is critical to success.
- Growing the business is top-of-mind: More business executives rank growing revenue as a top priority (24%) over reducing costs (17%). Organizations must capitalize on opportunities, such as leading a digital business strategy and rethinking the operating model.
- Managing digital disruption: Navigate through the noise by focusing efforts on specific business goals. Leveraging an agile digital approach will produce quick wins with incremental results.
- Strong digital leadership is critical to success: “Replace your inside-out viewpoint with an outside-in lens on your customers.” Look for “the three attributes of digital leadership”:
- Strategy: set and communicate digital strategy
- Transformation: manage digital change
- Execution: operate and optimize digital touch points
In a customer-centric business environment, DIGITAL IS KING. How would you rank your organization in terms of its digital-readiness? What are you doing to grow the business? Are you focusing on adjusting your lens to be more customer-oriented?
 Source: Forrester Research: “Turning Business Drivers into Digital Strategy”. Gordon Barnett. May 6, 2014. “The Future of Business is Digital”. March 10, 2014. Forrester Report: Forrester & Russell Reynolds 2014 Digital Business Survey.
 Source: Forrester Research “Turning Business Drivers into Digital Strategy”. Gordon Barnett. May 6, 2014.
 Source: Forrester Research: “Enterprise Architecture at the Front End of your Business”. Alex Cullen. May 6, 2014. Forrsights Budgets And Priorities Survey, Q4 2013.
 Source: Forrester Research: “Navigating the Fast-Moving Landscape of Digital Implementation Partners.” Liz Hebert. May 5, 2014.
 Source: Forrester Research. “Navigate Your Digital C-Suite”. Nigel Fenwick. May 5, 2014.