cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ternary MetaAssociation

SVanSchoonlandt
Honored Contributor

Hi All,

I'm looking for a way to create/visualize a ternary metaassociation.

The situation is that I have application objects.  On the link between those application objects I want to visualize data that is exchanged between them. I don't want to use objects like interaction/protocol which are intermediate objects. On the link between the application objects I want to be able to right-click and on the propertypage I want to connect some data objects, which I could then visualize on the diagram.

Is this possible or is the only way to go through an object like interaction (via the DiagramTypePath).

As a work-around for the moment, I'm using the link comment field and use the insert field possibility to link towards my data objects and added this as DiagramTypeField  to visualize it. I'm just wondering if there are no "cleaner" solutions.

Regards

stijn

2 Replies

Hi yannick,

indeed that is just the kind of thing I tried to avoid like the message flow.

It seems that our workaround with putting the objects in the link comment is working out well enough to fit the requirement.

Regards

stijn

yrudloff
MEGA
MEGA

Hi Stijn,

Have you tried using the message flow ? I'm guessing that you don't use it because of the intermediate object ?

Yannick

Yannick RUDLOFF