cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publisher : customize the way external links open ?

JDoe
Not applicable

Hi alls,

Is it possible to selectively modify the target= parameter of an external link ?

i.e most of external links open with target=_self parameter, I need for a particular link, open it with target=_parent (or _blank)

Regards.

5 Replies

Hello

If the existing html tag do not enable you to generate the expected code, do not forget that you can use a macro to generat HTML code (ExternalCall)

See http://community.mega.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/mega-kb-solution?sid=50120000000mr25AAA

Jerome

MatiasKrempel
New Contributor

Being a novice in Static Webpage configuration I have a similar problem which I describe below. However I don't know how to apply the "component" example to my problem.

My static webpage includes graphical representations of external links, representing URLs to (Sharepoint)-Websites. This is applied by adding URL-type external references (without “predefined addrass”) to the properties (Tab “General”) of organizational processes . The respective Sharepoint Websites are configured in a way that they refuse to  deliver their content in a frame of the static webpage but insist to just deliver their content into a new window.

The generated static website code enforces the opening in its “own” frame by generating the reference to the external website with the HTML attribute “target=_self” by default. I look for an option to modify the generation to a “target=_blank” instead; that would enforce the the opening of the referenced URL in a new window.

I suppose that I have to change somehow the descriptor connected to the Organisational Process object in the Website / Website tempalte  to introduce the “Target=_blank”. However, I could not find a description of the necessary modifications. rsp. where to apply the "component" tag.

SMAINIL
Super Contributor

Hi,

In that case, you have to test if the current Operation (in the Component tag) is the one you are looking for (regading the name, _HexaIdAbs,...)

If so set the target parameter to _blank. And for the others set it to _self or leave it to default.

Have a look to the IF tag

Stephane

JDoe
Not applicable

Thx for the reply.

But it seems that all objects of a given type will use the new target= parameter.

As explained, I need to override this parameter for one object.

Speaking about operation: default target=_self, and it works fine; but for a given operation, I wish to view it in a new window, as if the target= parameter was set to _blank (for only this operation)...

mtenzali
Retired

Hi,

You can set the way you open extenal links for a given type (MetaClass instance) by enforcing the target value

Thes lines will open the operation pages with Target=_self

[Component="Opération"]
        [ComponentProperty="Nom" Target=_self/ ]
    [/Component] 

Mohamed