cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modifying Generated File Names for Web Pages Generated by MEGA Publisher

ACEstanislao
Super Contributor

When the site for an Object is generated, MEGA is assigning it with absolute identifier, and this string of characters is used to name the HTML file. Where can I find the option to configure the generated filename other than that absolute identifier?  I am tasked to name the file based on the Object's unique ID in one of its defined attributes.

We would like the URI to contain the Object's ID instead of MEGA's internal absolute identifier.

Example:

……………….\sampleweb1\pages\ 0f0b0fc15387949d.htm

[where 0f0b0fc15387949d is the MEGA's assigned absolute identifier for the Object]

We would like the Object to be accessed as:

……………….\sampleweb1\pages\ 12345.htm

[where 12345 is the Object's unique ID defined as an attribute]

Thanks in advanced for any help!

2 Replies

Hi mtenzali (Mohamed),

Thank you very much for responding. I really appreciate your reply...

Now, I know that this requirement is not readily configurable option in MEGA Publisher. I'll try the workaround you mentioned.

Thanks,

ACE

mtenzali
Retired

Hi,

There is no option that could fulfill this task. the way MEGA creates ans names the resulted HTML files is hard coded, it cannot be modified.

The only solution you can apply to get over this situation is to code a macro and attach it as script post generation to your web site. In this macro, you will browse every generated file, get its name, look at the repositoiry , fetch the desirted info and rename it.

Mohamed