cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Indexing MEGA Repository

ELohanata
New Contributor

Dear All,

I would like to ask about MEGA Repository management, where I found out that MEGA is indexing the repos in the background and is using significant amount of disk usage.

Will there be any impact on the performance of MEGA, when MEGA is indexing the repos in the background?

And will there be any problems or errors that will happen when the users dispatch the changes in MEGA while MEGA indexing the repos?

4 Replies

Hello

Indexing for full search is available from HOPEX V1R2

The feature did not exist with HOPEX V1R1. As a consequence, this error did not occur.

Jerome

I've installed HOPEX V1R2 CP 1.0 and its already running well right now.

Does this indexing problem also occurs in HOPEX V1R1? 

Thanks

Edmond

jhorber
MEGA
MEGA

Hello ELohanata

Indexing for full search is available from HOPEX V1R2. However it does not really work before HOPEX V1R2 CP1.0.

We therefore recommendt that you

• Verify that CP1.0 is installed (otherwise, install it)
  • Delete existing indexes (for each data repository, delete the folder <repository name>.ix, for ex: MEGA (Tutorial).ix)
  • Re-start indexing

See also this KB

http://community.mega.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/mega-kb-solution?sid=501D00000012kjNIAQ

Jerome

hsoegaard
MEGA Partner
MEGA Partner

Which version of Hopex are you using? This is a known problem in V1R1. If you upgrade to V1R2 this problem has been fixed. I cant remember if any of the CPs of V1R1 corrects the problem as well.